2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Master of Ceremonies
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just read this and thought I would pass the info on...

'AUSTIN (AP) - The Texas Agriculture Department began publishing a list of gas stations with inaccurate fuel pumps on its Web site today, showing more than 100 that are short-changing drivers around the state.'

Here is the link to the list of gas stations...

http://www.agr.state.tx.us/vgn/tda/files/1848/stations_out_of_order.html

·
Highball !!!!
2,616 Posts
IM the one who got the grab all in Santa Fe busted...5.5 gallons of gas in a 5 gallon can...me and MR. M. F. MUHAMMAD went round and round...I encourage anyone who is getting shortchangeds to call the DEPT. OF AGRICULTURE on the 800 # and do the same...turn them all in...they"ll even get back with you and let you know the results...Hes chingalaying people out of 2.5 gallons on a 25 gallon fill up...think I,ll ride down there and buy a beer and see how hes doing ...I'm hoping his pump is still locked out...If you do call be sure and be able to I.D. the pump(number/location) so the investigator can check it...rio

·
You got girlfriend Vietnam?
1,892 Posts
You mean I may have been short changed 6 tablespoons of gas? ***! Oh the insanity!! I would imagine the percentage of going to one of these stations is probably .05%....... The news last night made it seem like we were getting screwed out of gallons, and gallons of gas.....

·
Back in da Saddle
10,149 Posts
All I know is I can put 25 gallons in a 21 gallon tank when I fill up at Krogers on 249 and Cypresswood.

It's been that way since Rita

John

·
Registered
187 Posts
This came up a while back. Now when I fill up, I stop at 10 gallons and it should be exactly 10 times the price. I've never found one wrong yet, but I do keep checking.
Thanks for the link,

·
----------------------------------------
23,724 Posts
The problem is, you have no way of telling if you are really getting all 10 gallons

·
Banned
166 Posts
I caught a Texaco on the west side of I-35 (north of San Marcos)... 29 galllons in a 24 gallon tank...and I drove in there with "some" still in the tank, so I'm guessing 5-6 gallons per 25.

I'll check that list. Any Valero's on there? or are they all corporate owned?

·
Registered
187 Posts
MEGABITE said:
The problem is, you have no way of telling if you are really getting all 10 gallons
DUH!
You're right. No wonder they always came out right. I guess the only way to tell is with a can. I know I have a 25 gal tank and I have put over 25 in it many times. I'm one of those that hate to stop at a station and I go a little too far sometimes on a tank.
Those bastages!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Banned
2,193 Posts
Texas needs to follow California on gas pumps. They use a sting operation. A little old lady pulls up in her ordinary car and starts putting gas into her car. She gets 10 gallons by the pump, then opens the trunk and checks her calibrated gas can. If short she gets her radio out and calls the agent waiting around the corner. They then close the station till repairs are made and a new permit issued which may take 90 days, plus owner/operator is charged in state court.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
I wonder if any stations are on the "good" side of the allowable tolerance and "give" out more gas than indicated on the pump...Would be nice to fill up an empty 25gal tank with only 10gal...:biggrin:

Do they report these on a separate list or do we have to test them all to find out?

SwampRat!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts