2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 5 long years of happiness, one of my best friends has finally limped it's way to the scrapyard in the sky. My Holland gas grill has finally given up the good fight and left me.

I need some advise on a new gas grill. Must be stainless (shell and guts), durable, and user friendly. After doing some research the choices are confusing. I have a pit that gets used, but I need a quick alternative to a tasty feast. I loved the Holland grill, but finding one around here is ridiculous. I've looked at the Ducane (Weber), Weber, and KenMore.

Any ideas are welcome.

·
Registered
26,148 Posts
Lowes sells one by Charbroil for about $360 (Lowes #242267). They also sell an almost identical one with a painted cabinet by Charbroil for about $300 (lowes stock #242266).

the $300 is a highly rated Consumer Reports "Best Buy" with lifetime warranty burners. I bought the one that is identical and all SS, but have not put it together yet.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
phoenix makes a decent grill, ducane is not worth a cr*p anymore, Holland went to the way side like ducane. Contact a little place near victoria in cuero called cuero/yoakum propane they should be able to help you decide even if you dont purchase one from them

·
Back in da Saddle
10,149 Posts
You only think you have the Gas Grill Blues now wait until you price them babies..

Just a heads up since Summer is drawing to a close they will be on sale big time around Labor Day ....

John

·
Dickinson
2,530 Posts
I've got the Charbroil from Lowes that speckle-catcher is refering to, have had it for 2 years. except for the electronic striker, it works just fine.

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
I had a Charbroil for nine years and had to replace the burners probably three times. I got a Weber two years ago and it's great. My only complaint is when it's on low, it's still very hot. I just put a pool in and am getting ready to build a outdoor kitchen. I found this store in Houston and it has some NICE grills. Not cheap, but good quality. www.bbqgalore.com

·
Administrator
23,853 Posts
speckle-catcher said:
Lowes sells one by Charbroil for about $360 (Lowes #242267). They also sell an almost identical one with a painted cabinet by Charbroil for about $300 (lowes stock #242266).

the $300 is a highly rated Consumer Reports "Best Buy" with lifetime warranty burners. I bought the one that is identical and all SS, but have not put it together yet.
Lowes has the 242667 on sale for $318, plus free assmembly and a free propane exchange. I am gonna save the receipt and collect on that lifetime warranty.

·
Aggie Mom
5,386 Posts
listos? said:
After 5 long years of happiness, one of my best friends has finally limped it's way to the scrapyard in the sky. My Holland gas grill has finally given up the good fight and left me.

I need some advise on a new gas grill. Must be stainless (shell and guts), durable, and user friendly. After doing some research the choices are confusing. I have a pit that gets used, but I need a quick alternative to a tasty feast. I loved the Holland grill, but finding one around here is ridiculous. I've looked at the Ducane (Weber), Weber, and KenMore.

Any ideas are welcome.
I am so sorry for your loss. I am the griller in the family and I just hated it when we were without a grill. Hubby bought me a Pinnacle "great outdoors" at BassPro for my birthday. It's all stainless with 5 burners. I love it.
Good luck on finding a replacement!

·
Team FishBonz
517 Posts
Charbroil's lifetime warranty is basically you call em, if you can get ahold of em, give em your info if you registered the pit and they send the parts free. You pay shipping & handling and you get the joy of replacing if you can get the old parts out of the rust. Does anyone make a pit that will last 10 years. I started replacing parts in my Charbroil commercial after 3 years but I grill 3-4 times a week.

·
On the Water We're All the Same
1,016 Posts
We had one of the Charbroil Professional SS grills. Bought the SS specifically since we live on the water. It had rust spots within 6 months which continued to cover the entire exterior. The electronic striker quit after about a year and the knobs and some interior braces rusted out at about two years. For $300+ I wasn't impressed.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts