2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jill, Elsie and I left for GSP the Friday before Thanksgiving for a getaway. My parents bought a used RV while they were in CO and wanted us to try it out. I've never been there before and Arlon I had no idea you were there.

Drove through the rain and just before we reached the site the sky parted and it was one of the most magnificent I have ever seen. Like BBSP I th9ink it takes some time to "see" things here. I'm certianly looking forward to going back.

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Trust me I would have greatly preferred to use a grad or even just blended these, but hrd just handled it alot better...

Just out of curiousity can you guys see Orion in the first shot or are there so many stars its hard to see...?

In the original M31 (Great Nebula below the belt) is clearly visible even at this wideangle!!! Not exactly like shooting in my backyard.

·
5,853 Posts
Sandy, I think some really enjoy the Tokina 12-24. I had one and is a very good lens, nice and sharp. I just wanted something a bit wider, so I picked up a Canon 10-22mm.

Now this is just my .02 but I think a 17 on a crop isnt going to be enough, you may need to go a bit wider.
I'm thinking about getting a wide angle lens, Rusty. Which one did you use for #3? Wonderful series! I may look into a Nikon 17-35mm.

·
let me think
1,557 Posts
I shoot with the 10-20 MM Sigma.. You would want the 17-35 on a FX style (FULL FRAME) to get the full potential out of that lens. Im selling all my NIKON gear if your interested in it...... I live right down the street from you... (STALKER) HA

·
Charter Member
5,935 Posts
Sandy, I think some really enjoy the Tokina 12-24
I had one also, Sandy and really liked it. But when the 1D MK III came along, I sold the lens and bought the Canon 17-40.
I used the Tokina on our vacation to Utah and it was mostly snapshot stuff. What I really like about the wide angle is getting up close to your subject at wide angle. Looks pretty cool.

We really didn't stay any one place long enough to do any serious photography. And most of my shooting is mid day anyway! :(

Mike

1) Bear Lake Rocky Mountain National Park

2) One of my favorites- step-daughter walking around checking out the springs

1 - 18 of 18 Posts