2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Highball !!!!
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my buddy just called and said they opened 127 at neils back up.....been closed due to water over the low water X ing...maybe we can tube b4 summers over yet

·
Registered
8,401 Posts
good for ya. have had only a tease in central Medina Co. the Frio will probably not get to Knippa acct of the Edwards aquifer sucking all the overflow down, but that's a good thing.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Good deal, we were at Neals the first of June, frio was quite low, they needed the rain. Must have been a pretty good gully washer for it to have gotten over 127 crossing.

·
Registered
7,457 Posts
We were there all weekend, the bridge at 7 bluffs was washed out a little, over 5 inches Sunday morning on river road about a 1/4 mile up from Frio Country. I have been going there since 83/84 and have never seen some of the things i saw Sunday morning.

It was not a "Big One" by Frio river standards but things got real interesting for a couple of hours.

When you turn onto river road headed towards Frio COuntry the road dips down and crosses a dry creek that drains the hills and the road only sits about a foot above the dry bed there, well the water was running 50-60' wide at that crossing. We got some pictures, it was amazing.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Yeah my kids have been killing me about the Frio getting rain. We had a place reserved for August and cancelled a few weeks ago because the river was so low! You can thank me since I said as soon as we cancel it will rain and fill up!!! LOL!!! We opted to go to Lake LBJ instead and have a place reserved there now. With my luck now the dam will break and the lake go dry!!! LOL

·
Registered
7,457 Posts
Br, by Sunday afternoon the river was back down, not to safe levels but we could sit in certain places and drink our beverages. By Monday the water was clear and down enough to be safe for the little ones. I reckon by today you could barely tell it rained there.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
that makes me feel a little better. We did the Frio last year for the first time and had a ball. We thought we would make it an annual trip but the water situation there is just too sketchy for me. When I plan a vacation I want to know there will be water to tube in etc...

·
Don't Tease The Dog !!!!!!
315 Posts
Hopefully the first week in Aug. will be kind to us, we are staying for a week. I hate to go when the water is low.

·
RIP HRCH Daniels Sonny Slough 05.24.2016
1,571 Posts
My inlaws have a couple of houses in Concan on and near River Rd near Frio Country. My family had the river house this last weekend and we opted not to go because the river has been so low and since we live in Hunt on the Guadalupe we didnt see the need to make the trip. The inlaws called us Sunday to tell us about the flood and that they were stuck until the river and creeks went down. Thats sure enough good news becasue Ive been to Concan twice since May and the river was really pitiful. It ought to be gettin right now.

·
Registered
7,065 Posts
I guess the rain must have missed us in Leakey... we were up there all weekend, and the water was pathetically low. We id run int oa few folks who mentioned the game wardens were running people out of the area for flooding....Good deal for Concan anyway!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts