2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My distributor just received a limited stock of factory refurbished Garmin 492's with internal antennas (just like the 498 without the sounder - fishfinder built in) that I can sell with my Angler Products Package - Coastal Fishing Hotspots preloaded, waterproof cheat sheet included and setup for ease of use for very attractive pricing. Check out my ad in the classified section for more details. http://2coolfishing.org/classifiedads/index.php?a=2&b=3262

For 5" chartplotters the 492 like the 498 are among my favorite for ease of use and power.

There is a very limited stock of these units so if you want one act quick.

These are factory refurbished and look and act just like new. They come with a Garmin 1 year warranty.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Duke.

Laguna...these just came available and they don't have the depth like you wanted but they are nice units. You should have your new one today or tomorrow at the latest.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I currently have 192C working fine any reason again to upgrade? Thanks Again, I put on the Possum Inviatational Tournament.

·
two of my favorites
1,243 Posts
just funnin'!

Don't sweat it Cap't John. I was just funnin' ya!. :wink: I appreciate the great service you provide. I can't wait to get the new unit mounted. I'm anxiouis to get a look at your Coastal Hot Spots too.

Keep up the good work!

·
DOINK
10,030 Posts
Good to see you back John!!! Bring any birds back with ya?? i would say let go to outriggers for Meribells for a beer, but they are no longer there... Bummer. Looks like Hooters!!!

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

I'm afraid I took my anger at Ike out on a bunch of South Texas doves. Sure did taste good though.

Possum,

Your 192 is a great unit. The 492 has a different mounting system and a screen that turns to night time colors automatically. On the 192 you have to turn the night time setting on yourself. Other than that they're pretty much the same machine.

Laguna,

You should have yours today. You're going to like it I'm sure.

Thanks again to all for your support...now anybody out there got a washer dryer they want to sell cheap? I'll start working on the furniture next week.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
492S

G-Money said:
John. Do they have a 492 (S)?
I'm assuming you mean a 492 with a sounder. That would be a 498 and no I can't currently get any of these. I wish I could. You can add a sounder module to a 492 for about $200 and have the same thing.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Make a Garmin 492 into a 498

G-Money said:
John. Do they have a 492 (S)?
As I've said before you can make a Garmin 492 into a 498 with the addition of a sounder module and a transducer. I just got access to some refurbished Garmin GSD20's that will do exactly that at very attractive pricing. For more information please check out my ad in the classified section: http://2coolfishing.org/classifiedads/index.php?a=2&b=3312

Here's Garmin's description of the GSD 20:
The GSD 20 is a remote, black-box sounder that transmits 500 watts at 50/200kHz. It's designed to provide SONAR capabilities to the following units: GPSMAP® 172, GPSMAP 172C, GPSMAP 182/182C, GPSMAP 192, GPSMAP 232, GPSMAP 276C, GPSMAP 296, GPSMAP 376C, GPSMAP 396, GPSMAP 2006/2006C, GPSMAP 2010/2010C, GPSMAP 3005C, GPSMAP 3006C, and GPSMAP 3010C. The sounder module sends data serially in a Garmin proprietary format to up to two units on board. When viewed on Garmin chartplotters, you'll see full-featured sounder displays in either split- or full-screen presentations. Features include auto-ranging, 2X and 4X auto and manual zoom, optional fish symbols and See-Thru® technology, which separates fish from thermoclines and structure.

Please Note: This product does not include a transducer. Garmin offers a complete selection of transducers to be purchased separately as accessories.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts