2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
There are a lot of discontinued models in the 300 and even 400 series for less than $500. Just be sure what you are buying. Does it have a dual freq. transducer, maps/ charts of coast, etc.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info. I looked at the angler products website and the 498 has everything I need.

Dave

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Garmin 498's

The 498's I have are brand new units and they come with a dual frequency, transom mount transducer with temperature. You can get either an internal or an external antenna.

The 498 was so good that it slowed down the acceptance of Garmins newer units. This is the first time in a while that I've had access to brand new ones. I'm guessing that Garmin finally released what they held back for warranty replacements.

For more information please visit my website at: http://angler-products.com/garmin1.htm

I hope you all have a very Happy New Year!!

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Direct comes straight to you from my distributor. The AP (Angler Products Package) means the unit comes to me first. I set it up for ease of use, make sure it has the latest software update, preload 2 bay areas of fishing hotspots derived from Hook n Line maps, give you a waterproof cheat sheet for your unit and provide access to my online course for these units.

Let me know if I can help.

Thanks,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts