2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a used boat with a Garnim 3200..it had a blue chart 2 chip loaded in it but doesn't show detail.. even when it's loaded to most on the detail page..I had a garmin on my old boat that showed it all when loaded with the blue chart chip..An ideas what's wrong or what I'm doing wrong....

Thanks Walker

·
Ankle Deep Custom Rods
3,467 Posts
Sounds like a question for John (JTburf) or John (Capt John) on here. The only thing I know is to make sure its on Highest Detail.

·
POC chunker
9,207 Posts
You have to go into Map setup and make sure you have a check mark next to the chart number for the charts you want. If you are just looking at the big regional gulf of mexico chart, you won't see much detail. But inside that chart are many smaller ones, each with their own ID#, that cover different bays, ports, the intraCoastal, etc. Those are the charts with all the detail. Just check the ones you need because it uses a lot of system memory the more you load. And that slows down scrolling and screen repaints.

·
Back in da Saddle
10,160 Posts
Pocketfisherman hit it on the head....
if that does not work get in touch with me...
John

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
If yours works like my Garmin 168, you may not have the blue chart source turned on, and you are looking at the low detail mapsource general map. Look and see that you have your blue chart source flagged on.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Not sure your knowledge about the Garmin, but you may just have to zoom in or out to get what you are looking for if all is hooked up right. Good luck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts