2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys think about the Garmin 176C. Looking for color screen GPS with built in bottom painter. Where is the best place to buy?

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
The 176 is a great machine. I have installed several of them and they are good. I have had one on my boat for the past year or so and I love it. I would recommend it. I think at West Marine they are like 6 or 700 I forgot. I got mine through my brother and an incredble price but he cant get then anymore.

·
Registered
6,688 Posts
I have the 176C and love it.. I would rather have the newer 276C though...

I got mine off of E-Bay for hundreds less than retail 18 months ago.. With the newer models on the market, expect to see prices dropping rapidly..

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
does the 276C have the split screen that gives the mapping feature on one side and bottom contour on the other?

·
Charter Member
5,923 Posts
David, the 176C is GPS only, no bottom machine features. I love mine. Remember, to have the detailed map features, you'll also need to purchase the Blue Chart Americas CD or the preprogrammed data card.

Good luck.
Mike

·
Banned
607 Posts
Go with the 276c, it will give you automotive navigation as it sounds like you want to attain. Drop me a PM because we sell them, I am getting one in today that is going in my truck. You will need the "Automotive Kit" to go with it that comes with a portable mount, 12V plug in with Speaker, 128 MB card and City Finder CD.

Fishdoc1-I put the 178C on my boat and some others about 2 months ago, you cant beat it. Compared to the 188c, it has better color resolution and colors, 50 more tracks and couple hundred dollars cheaper. You can also drop me a PM, if you want and you live in Houston you can come by and see one mounted. Bigwater on this board also had us put one on and he thinks its the "Cats Meow"!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts