2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
281 - 300 of 331 Posts

·
Registered Users-PM plus
8,929 Posts
…. 11.3 ounces and the other one is 9.3. Crusader is the variety, new one for me.
I wasn't sure what constituted a big bel pepper...but now I know 11.3 ounces is a HUGE bell pepper. Just to get a reference I picked the largest on my plants today and weighed @ 5.5 ounces...yours is more than double. That's HUGE.

Gonna have to try some of those Crusaders next time. WTG!

Attachments

·
Taking shots at fish
2,252 Posts

A pineapple tomato, not quite the Park’s Whopper one Meadowlark grew, but still a nice tomato. Ripens to yellow with orange streaks or so I’ve read. Seems to produce big tomatoes, this is the first one and there’s several other big ones on the single plant I’m growing.

The Mortgage Lifter, a pink red type, next to it is 10.5 ounces. I pick them all a little after color break just so the critters won’t get them first.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
I steamed a big pot of kentucky wonder pole beans today and last night had some chinese light green pole beans. Planted a few more pole beans on an extra cattle panel and some more blue lake bush beans in another bed. I let the beans soak in water overnight and they seem to all come up after the soaking. I have a couple spots that get half shade and half sun that works good in the summer time. My carmelo tomatoes are really doing awesome. 8 ft tall and loaded with fruit.
The dang mockingbirds are trying to wipe out my blue berries. Had to put netting over them today. They try to get to my blackberries but the netting has stopped them. Blackberries are really doing good.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
That looks good wt. I need to go pick some eggplant today. How do you like the purple basil? I have a lot this year and never cooked with it. Got a free pack of seeds and said what the heck.

·
Registered Users-PM plus
8,929 Posts
Thinned out the third planting of corn today. Looks like a good stand. The first planting of corn is just now starting the tasseling and can be seen in the far part of the photo with the second planting in between.

Corn is one of the most rewarding veggies we can grow in the garden and best when fresh which is why we do three plantings.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
That looks good wt. I need to go pick some eggplant today. How do you like the purple basil? I have a lot this year and never cooked with it. Got a free pack of seeds and said what the heck.
It was om a whim at HEB they had tricolor basil and I grabbed one. Grows like a weed. Very good flavor. A piece of cheese on a cracker with a piece of basil dripped with...… **** I forget the sauce's name. Just trust me it's good

·
Taking shots at fish
2,252 Posts

Harvested my first Spaghetti Squash, not a giant, but plenty for my wife and me. Looks like there are 4 behind it coming over the next week or two. These squash grow fast.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Garden is in full jungle mode.Everything has done good this year,especially the cucumbers as Meadowlark has noted.Great time of the year and lots of good eating.Growing a Orange tomato this year for the first time and they are really good.Been harvesting okra for about a month and it is starting to come on strong with the heat.Good gardening gentlemen. Plant Plant community Grass Groundcover Shrub Plant Grass Groundcover Shrub Annual plant Plant Botany Terrestrial plant Groundcover Tints and shades Plant Flower Plant community Vegetation Tree Plant Groundcover Grass Flowering plant Annual plant Plant Plant community Terrestrial plant Grass Woody plant Food Plant Plum tomato Ingredient Natural foods Food Ingredient Recipe Fruit Plant

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
375 Posts
A friend gave me the seeds that he received as a bonus in an order from tomato growers supply.com.I failed to write it down but I believe it was the chefs choice Orange hybrid.I will grow them again.They are delicious.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Correction Karstopo .Friend found the order sheet.They were Orange oxhart. Food Natural foods Squash Staple food Vegetable

281 - 300 of 331 Posts