2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just recently I bought a 4600C4 reel from Acadamey. today the reel foot just popped off from the frame. they welds are not really welds, more like they just heated up the foot and stuck it on. kinda crappy way of doin it. what should I do? souder (a little soft to me), JB Weld, or TIG weld it. my cousin has a TIG welder. it like a MIG but for lighter material... any suggestions?.... thanx,,,,JJ

·
Banned
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i talked with Roy's and they will sell a new frame for 22$ and install it for $17. $17 to install it is out of the question. I can do that myself. ROTFL! i decided to JBWeld it back on and use it as a spare or i might convert a 5600 i have to a 4600.........later, JJ

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Take it back to academy and they will take care of it for you.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Academy will take it back for an exchange. If you don't have a reciept they usually will exchange for the same reel or store credit. If you have the reciept you should be able to get your money back.

·
Banned
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well I am leavin for PINS in the mornin so I cant get it there today. it'll go back when I get back Tuesday for another one..... i hate it when things go wrong at the last minute.... JJ

1 - 8 of 8 Posts