2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which do you prefer, Gander Mountain, or Bass Pro Shop?

·
Banned
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You know what cclayton01...... you are right..........

Reactions: cclayton01

·
Registered
795 Posts
Gander mt hands down, bass pro would not donate a penny to a banquet we had. gander did ffl on guns blind bags and gift certificates. thanks to terry and lynn!!!!

·
An Over 60 Victim Of Fate
23,559 Posts
Bass Pro hands down.

Academy is cheaper on the stuff I buy than either of them..Gander Mountain is just too high on their stuff.

TH

·
Registered
107 Posts
I think Bass Pro Shops is way too high on prices. Most people come in to my store and say that bass pro is way to high and that we are pretty competive with Academy's prices. Although you may find some stuff cheaper here and there I think Gander has alot better prices than BPS. But most companies now are starting to make their own prices on their products so no one will be so competive on their products. But if we are higher in prices we will price match bass pro or academy.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I like all of them and I especially like them when I have money to spend in them.

Reactions: Trouthunter

·
Registered
55 Posts
Cut Rate

They should call it Cut Raped (at least the Katy Fwy location). Prices are ridiculously high compared to the Academy 500 yards down the feeder. It's not that big a deal for lower priced items. However, if you're stocking up on a couple hundred dollars worth of gear and tackle, I'd advise driving down to Academy and saving the 20%.

Though I will say this. If price is not a problem, those guys know their stuff and can offer many kinds of advice. You just gotta weigh the pros and cons.

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
wahoo said:
Cut Rate, I-10. Best staff, no BS. They have what I want for saltwater.
I shop there and Academy. But if I want to talk fishin' I go to Cut Rate. Also if I want some boutique or top shelf stuff I go to Cut Rate.

It's hard to find the small town feel these days. Gotta support 'em before they are all gone.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Off Subject

I like BPS over GM for the original ?

2 cents. Cant beat Johnny's Sport Shop in Eagle Lake. Mike is always fishing with the guides in Matagorda like Don Woods or Billy P. and with Cliff Webb in Baffin. He stocks the right stuff and cuts out the ****. However he never knows where these guides take him. Has a whale of a business during waterfowl season also.

·
Banned
1,237 Posts
cut throat suxx imo been trying to get 20circle for over a month they dont have them in stock buddy asked if they had long line clips they didnt even know what they were know big cable for sharking

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.