2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FYI
Left the Brazos Mouth this morning with 7 FAT trout up to 23 inches. Wasn't in the boat. Saw the Game Wardens writting a fisherman a couple of tickets. Didn't know what for exactly, but I drove slow enough by to see it was more than one. Any one on Bryan Beach these days, be sure you are up to "parr" with all the legal papers and fish sizes cause they DO patrol that beach very regular since the City of Freeport took that beach over.

·
Registered
38 Posts
What did you catch the trout off of? We were at Bryan beach this morning and did not have much luck.

We also saw the Game Wardens, but could not catch any fish for them to check out, lol

·
2006 Skeeter Cookoff "2nd Place Brisket"
6,428 Posts
harvey/mary said:
FYI
Left the Brazos Mouth this morning with 7 FAT trout up to 23 inches. Wasn't in the boat. Saw the Game Wardens writting a fisherman a couple of tickets. Didn't know what for exactly, but I drove slow enough by to see it was more than one. Any one on Bryan Beach these days, be sure you are up to "parr" with all the legal papers and fish sizes cause they DO patrol that beach very regular since the City of Freeport took that beach over.
Why warn the folks whom don't care enough to know the rules and stay legal ???? I say let our GW's bust their arse.....

Congrats on the catch....

·
Boatright custom flats
3,826 Posts
I got boarded today by the GW at the MOB :cop: . He pulled up to me and asked if I had caught anything today. I told him exactly what I had, (which was only 2 flounder at the time). He said, "Mind if I take a look?". I said, sure no problem. He jumped on board, took a quick look in my ice chest, asked to see my fishing license and a life jacket, and that was it. He was on board my boat for maybe 2 minutes, then jumped back onboard his. He idled off and went to another boat a few hundred yards away.

I've been fishing for as long as I can remember. I'm 33 now and that's the first time I've ever been checked by a GW. He was actually pretty cool. He complimented me on my catch, then made a comment about me being the only smart one out there with the bimini top up -LOL-, then idled away. No big deal.

·
Roll Tide!
15,787 Posts
I've a a couple of interactions with them over the last several years, but no problems. They are nice courteous folks in my experience.

·
Banned
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep...they have always been cool to me and my wife. I landed two trout on a red head, clearish/white broken back.....retreived very slowly just under the surface. My next two were on a DOA shrimp...the smaller ones with a hot pink tail.....just let it sink with the current....TAP...wait...set the hook. My next three were VERY close to the beach.....1/2 oz. gold spoon/red tag....medium retreive.....BAM....those three hit NICE !!!!!!!!!!! I honestly was the only one that came out with any fish really. One guy landed three and released all...another landed one keeper.....8 others left empty. They were all going with a pretty fast/jerky retreive. I was keeping my VERY slow........7 from 6:30 - 10-30 am....hooked up with one that I fought for a good 5 minutes....saw her once and I KNOW she was a STAR fish..but I put too much pressure on her...and I ALMOST THREW UP it made me so sick !!! LOL That's cool....I still said to my Heavenly Father....."Thank you for that rush...any ways !! :eek:)
Later !!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
They were thick on Saturday in the middle of the Port A Jetties. One boarded us, checked the box and measured the smallest snapper. Said goodbye, got on his boat and went to the next one. No sooner had he left, another of the State's finest pulled up and wanted to do the same.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
I was on Lake Belton this weekend and the game warden pulled up to two people that were fishing of a point where we were swimming. Got em for having a fish 2" under the legal limit and not having his license on him. It was in the truck 100 yards away. They told him he couldn't go get it.

Everytime I go to Lake Belton I see the game warden. Been checked by them several times. There are a welcome sight.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
I was getting boarded in the houston ship channel years ago running a shrimp boat, we were pulling a 65` mongoose net in 30` season , this guy missed my pin-rail and crossed my stern , i was now pulling 65` of net and a 40` steel hull twin diesel game warden boat, pulled him about a mile or so , till i could pull out in the flats and wait for a diver to untangle my 3/16 airline cable out of his wheels

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
We have a rule in our families boat that everyone must be wearing a life jacket whenever the boat is underway. This comes from a boat turning over a few years ago during spring break. I have had game wardens pull up to us and when they saw that everyone was wearing a lifejacket they said thank you and waved us on. Nice feeling.
Tom

·
yakfisher
805 Posts
i sure would like to see a few wardens get out and walk to Dike some days or make a few late night trips to some of the local piers. check a few people that you know don't have a license, let alone the common sence to be there holding a fishing rod!

·
Chest deep in the Blanco River
1,838 Posts
Made a drive down the dike when my son was down on a Saturday two weeks ago. Saw three different PW trucks on the dike and one on Skyline drive - all were steadily writing.

·
Registered
216 Posts
If you ever want to be checked by a GW all you need to do is take me with you be it fishing or hunting. I am a GW magnet! I don't know why but I get checked so often that it's funny. I think it is because I use to ride around with my Dad's best freind in Georgia all the time who was a GW. They have always been very plesant and respectfull as well as educational if you ask any questions. Oh yeah by the way, I have NEVER been ticketed for anything beause a always have my stuff together.

·
Senior Mumbler
11,515 Posts
I like having the GWs around. No potlicking, no rude behavior, no one cutting you off. I've been checked several times and they have all been courteous and quick.

·
Aggie Mom
5,386 Posts
To those who will be on Carancahua Bay this weekend, GW will be out. Every July 4th weekend, as soon as you pull away from your pier, they will stop you and mainly check for life jackets. But they also pulled in our neighbors boat when their motor died last year.

·
Registered
17,210 Posts
When I lived on Lake Fork I would get checked by the GW so much that they would call me by my first name before they even seen my lic. I knew all of them. My SIL was a deputy so I got to meet all of them off duty. Lance one of them works in Austin with you now I think.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts