2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bought a moultrie dgs-200 cam. read the directions and installed the battery. ran through the diagnostic checks and set up and all seemed right. put in yard to catch the critters in the neighborhood.went back 4 hours later and the low battery was flashing. thought i must have got a lot of pics to do this so fast.brought it in and found nothing on the card. replaced with another new battery and the same thing has happened. dead battery and no pics.anyone have an idea?

·
Don't ask if you don't want the truth.
13,305 Posts
If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for it?

I had 2 and returned them on more than 1 occasion.

·
Registered
291 Posts
The problem with the camera is "Moultree" If I were you I'd stay away from them.........
I bought one and a guy that works with me bought one. both of them worked for a little over a day and quit. My camera, the LCD dispay was "Jarble" and co-workers camera the motion sensor would not pick up motion........

·
13,305 Posts
shuddabeenhereyesterday said:
The problem with the camera is "Moultree" If I were you I'd stay away from them.........
I bought one and a guy that works with me bought one. both of them worked for a little over a day and quit. My camera, the LCD dispay was "Jarble" and co-workers camera the motion sensor would not pick up motion........
I believe they are doing the right things with the newer Models to make them better. Only time will tell. The upside is buying them at Academy. I get no run-around if I have to return them. Same goes for the Magnum feeders. I love those things.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Main Frame 8,

On your Magnum Feeders, are you using their Digital Timers? Also, is Magnum still using the plastic case with the plastic hinge? We have 21 Magnum timers (all but one are the old style, not digital) We have problems with the clocks keeping time and the plastic hinge from the body to the door. The hinge after setting in the sun all year become brittle and breaks. Always seems to happen during the summer months. Every year when we go to the lease to start up the feeders (around end of August) we will have 3 - 4 hinges that are broke and the guts are falling out. I have started buying Leather straps about 3" wide and riveting it to body / door. I will say I have always had good service from magnum on getting timers fixed.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the wife got it for me as a gift so i aint complainin. called moultrie and they said pack it up and send back and they would fix for free. after figuring the postage i am just retuning to where it came from.

·
13,305 Posts
shuddabeenhereyesterday said:
Main Frame 8,

On your Magnum Feeders, are you using their Digital Timers? Also, is Magnum still using the plastic case with the plastic hinge? We have 21 Magnum timers (all but one are the old style, not digital) We have problems with the clocks keeping time and the plastic hinge from the body to the door. The hinge after setting in the sun all year become brittle and breaks. Always seems to happen during the summer months. Every year when we go to the lease to start up the feeders (around end of August) we will have 3 - 4 hinges that are broke and the guts are falling out. I have started buying Leather straps about 3" wide and riveting it to body / door. I will say I have always had good service from magnum on getting timers fixed.
Yes, they are all the newer model digitals. I cannot stress enough that buying these at Academy will save you a lot of headaches. They simply do not give me grief if I bring one in and say it's not working properly (and that's not very often).

I've only had one hinge break and that as due to the feeder getting dumped by cattle. Another thought to be safe is to use a rubber strap around the entire housing. All of ours are covered with varmit cages so I suppose if something went wrong, everything would not be laying on the ground.

I also recommend the after-market "wind proof" spinners they sell. They seem to throw corn better and allow you to wide the gap between your funnel and spinner plate, not to mention corn not blowing off the plate.

·
13,305 Posts
shrky57 said:
the wife got it for me as a gift so i aint complainin. called moultrie and they said pack it up and send back and they would fix for free. after figuring the postage i am just retuning to where it came from.
Take it to Academy and just swap it out or upgrade for about $50 to the No Flash I40.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts