2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what is a good one? What are y'alls favorites.. Im looking to get some just don't know where to start or what kinda price to expect. Looking for medium quality..
 

·
Life is tough, tougher if you are stupid
Joined
·
3,507 Posts
www.stealthcam.net

I have 2 of their digital models that are about 2 years old now, maybe 3. No problems and decent pictures. Paid about $170.00 per unit at Academy. I change the batteries about every 4 weeks. I only have them out from mid-August until the end of deer season or late January. Getting ready to go place them out in a couple of weeks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
301 Posts
`BIG JIM; i have 4 moultrie game spys 3.0 megapixel just think that they are the best pd.170.00 from cabelas. i have tried camtracker pd about 800.00 nothing but problems; have sent it back to factory 4 times still does not work.ck out my pictures that i just posted
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30,257 Posts
They sell them at Wal-Mart. The Moultrie is on clearance $20 off. Reg $99 now just $79. I have 6 of them. They take a 6v battery and you can put in a SD card to get thousands of pictures.
 

·
Don't ask if you don't want the truth.
Joined
·
13,305 Posts
BF said:
`BIG JIM; i have 4 moultrie game spys 3.0 megapixel just think that they are the best pd.170.00 from cabelas. i have tried camtracker pd about 800.00 nothing but problems; have sent it back to factory 4 times still does not work.ck out my pictures that i just posted
I would also consider the new Game Spy I40.

Infrared pics = No flash. 6 D-Cell batteries run @ 150 days and they are about to introduce a rechargeable back-up for this camera in the fall.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
290 Posts
Main Frame 8 said:
Very good site. So far, all good reports on the Game Spy I40 and I60 infrared cams.
So far I would agree on the I40. To me it is hard to beat for the money. I bought one last week and will be putting it out at the lease in a few weeks.

I have given it a test run at the house and it performs very good. This thing is awesome with the internal batteries. My cam took 200 pics and only used about 4% of the batteries. With a 2GB SD card on the highest setting it looks like it will hold over 2000 pics. Setup was easy and picture quality is very good.

Some people have a whiteout issue (a firmware update from Moultrie is in the works) but I didnt see this with my cam.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
I agree about the moultrie

I purchased two of the mmoultrie3.0 a couple months ago and have tried them out as well as a buddy of mine used one last season, they are good cams for the money plus we have ours set up with solar panels. Have also read good things about the new I 40, wish they would have been on the shelf when I bought the 3.0... I seen the I 40 at academy for $189.00 I believe.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
As several have said, the new Moultrie I40 & I60 seem to be pretty darn good. You might also consider the Stealth I450. It's getting good feedback. I think most are using an external 12v battery with the I450 to give it good battery life.
 

·
Don't ask if you don't want the truth.
Joined
·
13,305 Posts
wwhit64 said:
I purchased two of the mmoultrie3.0 a couple months ago and have tried them out as well as a buddy of mine used one last season, they are good cams for the money plus we have ours set up with solar panels. Have also read good things about the new I 40, wish they would have been on the shelf when I bought the 3.0... I seen the I 40 at academy for $189.00 I believe.....
Take the GS 200 back to Academy and get $150 credit towards the I40. No questions asked.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
144 Posts
I just got the I40 about 2 weeks ago. The shutter time is a little slow, but under a feeder it does alright, but as far as putting it on trails it is not fast enough. You will get some images, but alot of them have the back half or nothing on the picture.

Also, right at daylight in the morning, for about an hour, my pictures are turning completely white. I guess it is trying to adjust from night mode???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
290 Posts
dukslayr said:
Also, right at daylight in the morning, for about an hour, my pictures are turning completely white. I guess it is trying to adjust from night mode???
This is the whiteout issue I mentioned. Moultrie is supposed to be releasing a firmware fix for this soon and you will be able to update you camera thru the USB jack.

Here is the link I am referring to:
http://www.chasingame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4006
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top