2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few pics from my new trail cam,its a Leaf River Digital and I couldnt be any happier with it.

I bow hunted one morning and had deer all over me but never pulled down on anything,had a 7 pt about 10 yrds from me before I got busted and he freaked.I got in a blind the next day with just the binocs and had around 15 deer at a feeder with half of those a mix of young scrub bucks does and yearlings.About 30 minutes before dark 3 nice bucks walk out a 7,8 and a 10.The 7 was the same deer that freaked on me while bow hunting,the 8 is a full grown mature deer about 20 " inside,unique brow tines about 6 inches that curve with the main beam,heavy horns and long tines,score about 120-125.The ten was a beautiful young deer about 3 1/2 years,about 18" inside,heavy chocalate horns,long tines and might go 130 but he is to young to shoot.I'm gonna shoot the 8 if he shows during season and then look for a true trophy.I didnt get any pics of the 2 nice deer but did capture a few of other bucks and a lot of does.I was hoping to get a pic of a nice 14 pt we saw after season last year but he didnt show up before the cam ran out of pics.Got 51 pics in three days,all deer and it looks like we got a bumper crop of babies,nice healthy does and good horn growth due to all the rain this past spring and summer.I'm excited to say the least.

Attachments

·
Let's Go Fishin Boss!
7,913 Posts
Nice Pics!

I'm guessing your hunting somewhere in south or southwest Texas judging from the thorny brush in the foreground of the pictures. What's the closest town to you?

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
West Texas

I'm leasing a 450 acre pasture on a 10,000 acre ranch located on the Pecos river,2 hours west of Del Rio and a few miles north of Langtry.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts