2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here are some pics from the last few weeks--I almost had a shot at the nice 9 ptr yesterday (9/27/08 pic)but with the 95 degree weather I think he winded me and he never came in close enough--maybe next week.

Pics are too big-I will resize and post in a minute.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here they are.
TX CHICKEN said:
Here are some pics from the last few weeks--I almost had a shot at the nice 9 ptr yesterday (9/27/08 pic)but with the 95 degree weather I think he winded me and he never came in close enough--maybe next week.

Pics are too big-I will resize and post in a minute.

Attachments

·
Give it hell Remy!
42,851 Posts
How are the pigs getting inside your pen? Going under or is there a gap in it somewhere? We had some going under until we wired treetrunks and fenceposts all the way around the perimeter of the wire. That has kept them out since.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a gate on it and leave it open on occasion just to keep it entertaining--we have too many now so I have already closed it up. The hogs in our area don't seem to bother figuring a way in they just move on to another feeder that isn't penned.
Haute Pursuit said:
How are the pigs getting inside your pen? Going under or is there a gap in it somewhere? We had some going under until we wired treetrunks and fenceposts all the way around the perimeter of the wire. That has kept them out since.

·
Deadeye McGee
3,325 Posts
DO YOUR JOB!

If you got hogs laying under your feeders once they have eaten and filled their bellies with your feeder corn-you're just not doing your job!!!!!

·
100% BS
7,120 Posts
For some reason all our pigs went nocturnal. Hopefully they will start coming back in the daylight again.

·
76-37-5
1,187 Posts
Cowboytongue said:
You need a 22 with a silencer and right between the eyes.. Shoot One after the other..
Where do you get a silencer for a rifle?

·
Get the Net!
1,236 Posts
Wow look at all the piglets - it's bad enough you have so many adult hogs now but your troubles are only just beginning from the look of things. Time to whack and stack!

Btw, nice pics - thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
918 Posts
hook'n'em said:
Where do you get a silencer for a rifle?
You make it, I made one when I was about 12 for my single shot 22, no joke its pretty dang easy. You are going to need more than a 22 for right between the eyes, we use to have hogs in pens and I tried that @ point blank range with one that was only about 30 pounds.....it just ticked her off.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I am going down to bow hunt in a few days and I am borrowing my buddies Mini 14 to see if I can get a few of them cleaned out.

·
Give it hell Remy!
42,851 Posts
Charles Helm said:
Better not make a suppressor until you do the federal paperwork...
What he said, but you can make an effective one for a .22 out of a 16oz coke bottle if you don't care about the federales:cheers:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts