2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This pic was taken on one of our Game-Cams on 6-1-04 in Montague County. It looks like we have a good carry-over of young Gobblers for next years season. I can't believe its a whole year till next Spring season.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Osceola and easterns. Most of the birds in this area are hybrids .The true osceola is found mostly in the upper central part of the state .You will get a different answer from everyone in the area. How was your harvest last year on whitetails ?

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Whitetails

Im in the far North-Central part of Texas. This area is not typically known for huge Bucks like the far Northwestern or far Southern part of the state. Still, I usually get a buck scoring 110 to 115 everyyear, last year was an average year for us. We took 3 bucks off of my 270 acres about avg. size for this area. We have been seeing an increase in deer and a dramatic increase in hog and turkey numbers over the last 5 to 6 years. The hogs are out of control, and the turkey hunting is as good as it gets, I've got 4 birds the last 3 or 4 years in a row, all very nice Rio-Grande's. We took 9 birds with 8 to 11" beards year before last, and six birds this year from 9 to 11" beards. And we have lots of birds left. To many really. And surley to many hogs, hundreds of them.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Here piggie piggie

You ought to make some bacon.
Where you at in Fort Worth area? Just wondering because I used to live there and still have a couple of friends in the area.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts