2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a 3 year hiatus, the return of the Best of the Best Dec Open is back.
Some monster stringers have come from this event. Can you join the likes of 3 time champ-Mark Holt, "Mctrout" Mike Mcbride, West, Havens, Renteria, Cubbage, Shelton, Soule, Napoli, Hillman, Trimble, Marshall, Lopas, and a host of others that have had great finishes?

2010 Specktacular dates are now posted at www.specktourney.com Future Stars Free Kids tourney & Galv Redfish Series Plus to follow at a later date.

Mandatory 2 can donation to feed needy bay area families thru the Manna Ministries. Each participant will be given raffle tickets for great prizes.
CLICK BELOW FOR THE DEC 5TH FLIER
http://www.specktourney.com/ja/image...rinderopen.pdf
:texasflag

Celebrating Serving the Galveston Bay fishermen for 10 years.

·
Team Coastline Marine
698 Posts
Weather ?

Question about reschedule due to freezing temps are you thinking about moving or still going to go with it?

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
10 years one cancellation

We would never cancel or move dates unless of lightening or excessive dangerous winds.

Weather is perfect saturday for big trout hunting. No rain, cold, fair winds=big stringers

·
Registered
94 Posts
Saturday

I am not seeing temps anywhere close to 31 degrees down in Galveston. Dont get me wrong, it is going to be cold and tough fishing.
P Chaser, last time (3 years ago) we had temps this cold for a tournament, it took 17 1/2 lbs to win it (Dec 2006). Water temps were 45-49 degrees for that tournament. I am not saying it will take that this time, but it is possible. I am not even sure how fun this tournament will be but it will certainly be a challenge (that is a slight understatement I believe). :)
Aaron

·
Registered
191 Posts
Hey Sal, thinking about signing up but live up here on the far n.w. side. What happens if we do get ice and its unsafe to make the drive sat. morning?

·
DOINK
10,027 Posts
I am not worried about catching fish or the cold. i cant get ou to pre-fish. That is my issue.

Sal runs a heck of a tourney and i wish i could fish... I just cant fit it in. I would be a blast!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts