2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Standing on a Whale fishing for Minnows
9,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went down to Galvez with high hopes this week end and it turned out to be good/ bad. The good part was that I got a slam , the bad part was that I had to leave early from a bug / virus.

Launched out of GYB in late am and fished the early afternoon tide. Hardly any water movement on the spots i tried, so I went to the deeper bay waters for some drifts. Ended up with a nice 21 in trout. Then went out to the jets for a Bulls for Klever. First cast came up a nice 27 7/8 Red that had someones old 25 # mono leader with a gut hooked lure. No excitement from Klever on that catch. A bit later a few bull were landed and the potlickers dream dog went off.

Called it after a few we went back to fish the evening tide . The spot I tried did not have the water moving well and I did not want to join the packs of boats on the Pelican Island side or the the other spots and I wanted off the water with the Al boats running at night w/o lights.. Needless to say, last cast got a nice 23 in flattie to complete the slam.

Stanley Wedge tails Red / White tipped with shrimp did the trick for the Flattie and the Red. Trout caught on a SS.

The next am woke up feeling like i been run over by a bus and my inside were torn apart. Drank a bunch of water and gatoraide and went out to try again. Did not last long.. called it afte a few hours and hightailed it out of there.

Now, On to the cardiac arrest..LOL Not me , but the few dishes i made yest and today. Started out with a Trout Ceviche ( no onions or jalepenos this time ) Stuffed Flounder with crab / shrimp stuffing followed up with this evenings Redfish Halfshell with Lump lemon Crabstuffing. This one had 2 sticks of butter and a cup of heavy cream.. Man was it good.

Took a few pics for the log book and some dinner shots.

Think I may change my 2cool name to Capt Cook ..:tongue:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Capt. Cook? Yea ,,,I can go along with that. Nice catch regardless of what health you're in Dave. Got to go eat lunch now after those pics.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Dang Dave! Another nice trip and some awesome eats. That's a cool fish platter you got there. I might have to hit you up for some recipes cause everything you cook looks awesome!

Green tide coming your way. (You must spread some rep...)

Can someone hit Dave for me? I'm out.

·
HE is risen. HE is risen indeed.
129 Posts
A fisherman who can cook

Captain Dave,

You are definitely a fisherman who can cook. Congratulations on possessing both those skills. You must have a stronger constitution than I do to be able to eat such gorgeous and rich food so soon after battling a bug.

I really like your wonderful fishing buddy who barks at the bull reds.

Keep those informative and entertaining posts coming.

·
Standing on a Whale fishing for Minnows
9,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks All ! My insides were being knotted up and there was only one way out... eeeww.

I 'm glad I Tx Slammed in order to eat light after last weekend.. They name chilli dogs nightmare for what I went thougth ..LOL

I can eat with a fever / cold bug what ever. Maybe it s the Polish blood in me..

Needless to say we'll recoup and get my bro who blew me off last wek out there to get some more flatties. Otherwise Klever gets fisrt mate duties again. Rest of the Fam whimps out and my co workersas well. I think I need to find a new crew...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts