2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw that the water was flat last evening and decided to hit it up today.

Got out around 5:45 and the surf was down, very small waves. Too bad the water is fairly muddy (I think clarity is more important than choppyness). I did not see where the color line is. Alot of nervous bait scattered around, shrimp and small fish. Seagulls working all around, not concentrated anywhere. Only undersized specks and sandtrout on live shrimp. Kept 5 of the larger/mortally wounded sandies just so I would have some fish to eat. One of the guys with topwaters got a throwback, and the other got one blowup. Pretty slow. I have a feeling with all that bait, if it clears up, it will be ON. Let's hope it gets better by tomorrow.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Nice report.

Plan on hitting the front of Crystal Beach Saturday AM between the first and second sand bar. Hopefully it will be on and clarity nice and green.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Very good report. I was out there to this morning also. I got a huge blowup around 9 on a chrome super spook and lost the fish halfway into the fight. My dad caught a 15 in trout that literally inhaled the bass assassin. The guy next to me was using live shrimp and all I saw him catch was a shark.

·
Allergic to Work
339 Posts
I fished the west end this morning. Caught a 20" trout (released) on a black catch 2000 before the sun came up and a few dinks on roach colored plastics. Nobody was doing great. Several hundred yards offshore I saw a few porpoise (or dolphin?) jumping up in the air and diving into the water. That was a cool site!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.