2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put in at 0530 at Apfel Park. Skeeters were UNREAL. Do not get out of your car w/out a can of Off in your hand.
Fished from 0530 to about 1300 from 1st bar out to about .5 mi from the end of the Jetty on the surf/non-channel side.

Started on a top water, bone spook jr at 0530 and had one blow up before true sun rise.

no joy till 0950-ish when we seemed tobegin to have a tidal shift, then I caught a hard head on a silver/gold rattl-trap followed by 2 small sandies on the same lure. This was about 45ft off the jetty about 3/4 mile out about where the water color change was.

Dead till 1230 when I picked up a 5.5-6.5' shark on a silver spoon about 300 yds from shore that caught air twice and towed me back out to sea for about 3 minutes before cutting the line with a massive sky grabbing jump and a line cutting flick of his tail.

He was not the first shark I had seen there, in fact I am pretty sure there are nothing but sharks stacked up in that corner of the jetty and the surf as I have had that experience before.

Oh well, no worries, the sleigh ride was neat.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Sharks are thick this year.We have sharks on most trips this year.Even up in the bay trout fishing.Went out in the boat sat. thought we might try the 3rd gut on boliver,saw bait working and there were millions of 1-2' sharks you could catch one on every cast.I think they should change that 1 shark per person to certain species.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts