2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep. The surf would start acting up by the time I got a chance to head down. Water was awful, muddy and dirty and stanky. Some steady south wind, very low though. Seaweed everywhere.
Surf was active, not rough, but just enough to loosen up the dirt.

TONS of bait fish still.

Waded in to about the second? sand bar at sun-up, nothing was hitting live shrimp. Threw some gulps, the 3-inch white ones, and landed a hefty sand trout. Released it and soon after a dink sand trout, somehow swallowed my entire jig head so i left it in. Didn't want to cut up his stomach. At least this way, he may still have a decent chance. That was about all the action I got.

Threw TTF shads, gulps and live shrimp and no trout in sighte.

Left about 9 a.m. tired and disappointed.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Bobtrout, sorry you had a disappointing trip. I am surprised about your water report. Another report today had good water clarity. Sometimes it pays to move elsewhere. Also, you might consider primetimes in the future. Yesterday, I told a young co-worker how quick things can change and how many miss out on the bite. Timing is everything. A short while later it turned out to be prophetic, much to my delight. Luckily, I persevered and it paid off in almost non-stop action for over an hour. There will be more opportunities for you this summer. I hope you find green tides n' black dots!

·
Registered
766 Posts
We Had Good Water Clarity This A.m.. Caught 1 Speck Missed Three Others And After Only About 30mins. My Buddy Starts Crying About The Waves (big Wuss!!) Went From The Water Tower To Slp And Zilch At The Pass. Makes Me So Mad!! Been Looking Forward To Fishing The Beach,start Catching Trout And Your Buddy Can't Take A Little Wave Action!!! Matter Of Fact, Anybody Need A New Fishing Partner?? Well, I'm Not That Sore At Him. Those Little Fist Size Balls Of Seaweed Did Get Annoying,though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts