2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man what a day, we started with a great group of guys (4), a couple from the this board and a one new friend. Ran out of Tiki into beutiful seas, just like everyone else we had the throttles pinned and made great time. We made bait at the first rig we stopped at and it was off to our first bottom spot. Marked our spot, the bottom machine lit up, and from there it was GAME ON. We nearly finished off a four man limit of snapper in a couple hours and then took a short break for lunch. Since it was so early we decided to run out further and look for other species. We ended up with one keeper ling and a very nice grouper.

Marty hooked a large snapper at the same time I had the grouper on. The grouper took me into the structure while the snapper wrapped around my line about 5 times. We were able to boat the snapper and then untangle the lines. I guess the grouper relaxed while I was giving it slack. We backed over to get the line tight and I switched to low gear and hauled the fish right out. I beleive he came in at just shy of 30 pounds. I have to thank Captian Santiago for talking me through the grouper battle, I was ready to give up and cut the line.

Only downside of the entire trip was I busted out a brand new Shimano Butterfly jig that I had just rigged with a nice cable leader, I sent it down and on the drop it got nailed. I was hooked up for about a minute and my line parted. One drop was all I got out of a brand new lure.

All in all is was a great day to be alive.

Attachments

·
Salty Dawg
7,717 Posts
Cool pic's. Looks loke an awesome day.

·
Super Senior Member...
794 Posts
Looking at that FLATTTT water in the background is driving me crazYYYYY.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I had a chance to get in on this trip and I passed it up. Huge mistake. Caught two pompano in the surf in Surfside instead. Im hoping that the prospects for the surf are better for this weekend, the water looked great last weekend but I had a hard time getting the specks to cooperate.

·
Back in da Saddle
10,159 Posts
Dang guys your got her done!!!!!!!

Great catch...

John

1 - 11 of 11 Posts