2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headed out to the North Jetties on wednesday with catfish mike. Ended up with three Bull Reds coming in at 32" 22lbs and 26lbs, 5 sharks to around 4' and several large galftop to around 6lbs, and missed several hard runs while drifting the beach front. Had our best luck with sand trout and whiteing and didn't have a run on mullet all day. Finally got to break in my Billy stix which I got back in march with the 32"er. What type Of shark is this in the photo and if you look at it's tail you can see where it got hit by another shark while fighting.

Attachments

·
What's a Corky?
3,107 Posts
Land shark........ sorry, couldn't resist....

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Not sure on the species but I did catch one that size off the jetties and brought him home. I had bled and filleted tha thing before putting him in the cooler, tossed him on the grill....what a dissapointment. Dont know if I cooked it wrong but it sure was nasty, put my wife off of sharks too. Kinda a scrawny shark compared to others imo. Nice reds though, and shark.

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
Brady Bunch

Sharks don't have a urinary system like we do. They urinate thru their flesh so you need to soak them in salt water before cooking.

·
Registered
30 Posts
A shark does urinate just like any other animal. Sharks concentrate urea within their tissues to maintain osmotic balance with the surrounding water. No matter how much you soak them, you're still going to end up eating shark pee!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts