2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit the jetties at 7 am and it was non stop Bull Red action until we ran out of bait. We ended up catching and releasing 9 - 36+ inch reds and 3 sharks. Below are a few pics that we took. The last one is a water spout we saw form on the way in. For more information on where exatly we caught the reds etc.. check our report under east bay 2 at http://www.galvestonfishingreports.com

·
What's a Corky?
3,107 Posts
Great pic of the waterspout! Have not been that close to one, closest I've been was a couple of miles. How close were you? I'm kind of a weather geek so that kind of stuff pumps me up, probably be my undoing one of these days.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We were pretty close. It formed on the way back in so we had to stop and take a look at it. It lasted about 5 minutes then went a way.

·
Texas Aggie Fisherman
2,991 Posts
Bull Reds / Waterspout

Nice catch at the jetties. I hope the weather is good this weekend so I can get out there. We saw 5 waterspouts on Galveston Bay Saturday. One began forming right above us and we were very curious in watching it and motored up to it. We could not tell how fast the wind was churning the water, but I would guess 30 mph or so. We got so close to it that the waterspout was throwing water on us. I am guessing it was a 50' diameter area being churned up. It was very tempting to drive through it. I am regretting that we didn't now. Sure would have been interesting! I'll try and post some pics on here when I get them.....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We headed in at 11:30 am and that is when we saw the spout, not that far from the galveston yacht basin in the channel. All that action was at the North Jetties that morning right before the end on the gulf side. We were near the rocks, but casting away.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts