2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
All my friends say.....
7,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some photos from yesterday on the island.

This is the area after the seawall near Woodys. Notice there is no longer a strech of beach, just a cut to the gulf.

The other photo is of the ponds that were to the east of woodys. Due to the cut, the ponds have drained out.

A few more west of woodys. Notice all of the sand that was covering the road that was moved out of the way. The nice houses that now belong to the state of texas. The beach front moved in just a little.

The last photo shows how little beach is left at the sea wall. For most of the seawall, there is no beach left at all. Just the gulf lapping up against the seawall.

Attachments

·
http://www.profishingresearch.co m
2,953 Posts
WOW!! I was wondering if there was water to the seawall still. Unbeleivable!

Biggie

·
All my friends say.....
7,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Flagship still there. Some damage and the ramp to drive up to the hotel is gone.

Its not that the water is pushed up to the seawall. The sand has been washed away so there is no beach for the most part. All of the sand got washed over the seawall and onto other parts of the island.

Attachments

·
Registered
263 Posts
I guess we can now walk up and down the seawall to cast into rafts of mullet.
My old Bungalow in San leon. Nothing left but the foundation of the garage and home.

The roof of the bungalow in someones diveway.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
This may be a stupid question, but did there used to be sand up to where the paint stops on the pilings of those houses?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Good observation and I don't know myself for a fact but if my life depended on it, I would say yes becuase it is uniform with every house.

·
All my friends say.....
7,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
irbjd said:
This may be a stupid question, but did there used to be sand up to where the paint stops on the pilings of those houses?
Yes. The pic of the sand piled up on the side of the road came from that area.

·
Standing on a Whale fishing for Minnows
9,467 Posts
Sad Luck all over ... It just takes allot of time an patience to rebuild...

When I went to San Leon to p/u my boat, there were a a good number of folks cheering to the cane that was about to hit em.. I hope they made it out alright.. It could of been alott worse.

God Bless

1 - 19 of 19 Posts