2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to Galveston this weekend and will stay the weekend. We are staying staying 5 miles south of Jamaica Beach. Any suggestions would be nice if you know anything about that area.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Don't know if you are wading or boat fishing , but since your close to the pass , you can wadefish the backside or go across the bridge at SLP a couple of miles , there's some roads you can take to the right , you can drive in and wade fish christmas bay , I live on the island and wade fish the south shoreline alot , the redfish have been in the grass chasing small shrimp and glass minnows , very shallow , if it's your first time , live shrimp under a popping cork would be your best bet , 1/4 oz. gold spoons have worked well also , my 9 yr. old son and I went Tuesday and caught 9 in about 3 hours in the late afternoon. The gulp shrimp work well also but to "match the hatch" the 2" in the New penny or natural would probably work best. Good luck ! let us know how you do.

·
Banned
2,070 Posts
And you can try san luis pass pier at night with the same type of lures, and bait set up that redfish 2020 mentioned....

·
Registered
32 Posts
Not fishing, but here's a suggestion: Slow down going thru Jamaica Beach. I think it is the only place on 3005 that slows down to 30 mph and they are "waiting" on you. I'm taking my defensive driving course online right now. You'll enjoy your weekend more if you don't get a ticket.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts