2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
5,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, I believe so. They had to be rescued from the roof by USCG Helo. As I understand it, They were on the first floor and decided to go upstairs when it became to rough. Glad they did, the first floor is gone now.

Steven H said:
Is it true 3 people rode out the storm in that red building? Talk about pucker factor.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
If that story is really true...There is a thing called natural selection and the "thinning of the herd" if you will that takes place everywhere in nature. I don't like the fact that my tax dollars are being used to pay for Coast Guard rescues of someone stupid enough to try and ride out a hurricane in a place like that. Can you tell I am having a really bad day?

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Well I can better understand someone wanting or at least wishing to stay with their home and all of their belongings but even that, as we have seen, is not a wise decision in those locations. But someone trying to stay in a rickety old pier right on the water? Come on now. They had to be smoking something.

I remember hearing about a ship that was out in the Gulf in the path of the storm with about 50 crewmembers onboard. The Coast Guard was unable to rescue them because the weather had gotten too bad. Did anyone hear whatever became of that ship? I assume it made it ok since nothing more was said but wow, can you imagine the 12 hours or so they spent aboard that thing?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts