2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Houston, Tx
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like everyone's wanting to know how the waters looking everywhere...lol... Anyone been out in E. bay the last couple days? I am thinking the water can't look to good, but have read some reports of some catching going on out there.. Any heads up on how the water looks back in the bays would be greatly appreciated. Hopefully we will get a breather from all this rain one of these days... Thx!

·
Here fishy, fishy.......
170 Posts
I wish I knew what the water looked like....closest I have been to fishing is looking at the swollen Trinity River were I work.....

Unfortunately some of us do not have as much time as da' boneroller!!!:rolleyes:

·
Houston, Tx
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bone,
Thanks..lol... No doubt I'll be on the water by 6:00. Just trying to figure out if I am even gonna mess with fishing back in the bays, or get out around the jetty...

·
Registered
12 Posts
was out there (north shore east bay wadeing) thursday morning the water was beautiful then bout 10 o clock that storm head snuck up on us we were in the water at 530 fishing hard with everything we had ...top dogs live shrimp top and bottom ...nothing would take we got forced out of the water by rain im sure the water looks horriable now.....there was a guy that came in the water bout 8 who had shrimp he ticked us off first couple of casts he had fish on and it was a keeper then he caught some more plenty of slicks countinued to pop up even after the rain so i guess if your brave enough to fish the rain go forit...

·
Catch a New Personal - Learn How!
12,871 Posts
water looked horible today...I got a real good look at it as I lifted the sixth trout out of it. LOL

It looks better in some place, but overall it's fine and the fish are biting.

·
Houston, Tx
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Figured I'd follow-up my request of water conditions with a report (if thats what you want to call it..lol)... Wade fished E. bay shorelines Friday evening until the mesquito's carried me back to the boat, and Saturday morning. Avoided the skunk, but just by the skin of my teeth both trips. Caught an 18" trout Friday evening, and a 20"er Saturday morning. Both caught on pearl/chart. tail norton minnows. Got two good blow ups on a top dog black/chart. face top water too, but missed them both. The water didn't look horrible, but was stained. Very fresh. I tasted it, and couldn't taste hardly any salt...lol There were a lot of boats out Sat. morning, so I'm sure some were doing some catching. Still had a great time, and just thankful to even have the oppurtunity to get to go fishing... Thanks for the all the feedback guys!

Cheers,
Hou-Chap

·
Registered
176 Posts
whatever mike...you are just scared of the weather....but that is what seperates the fisherMEN from the fisherBOYS!!!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
The rain does not bother me, however it is the lightning that I worry about. I heard on the news today about a man who was scuba diving and was struck and killed by lightning. I believe, he left a family behind, so there is more than just yourself to think about!

·
Catch a New Personal - Learn How!
12,871 Posts
I wonder if you can catch vibrio by tasting that NASTY *** Salt water.

Guys, there are salinity meters in the bay in case you were wondering...AND...just becuase it's fresh on top don't mean it ain't salty on the bottom.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts