2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ryanlovesfishing, Illusionfishing, and myself went out to west bay to try for trout, but to no avail. Water was super clear which I HATE(at least in the winter). I got ONE bite in about 4 hours of fishing. Illusion said he ran on a school of trout and stuck a few small keepers which he released and he lost a nicer fish. Ryan and I were wading and he was kayaking. Well, we decided to hit on of my spots in Galveston for flounder. We stopped at one of my reliable bait holes and got some good sized mullet and tried our luck. We used different plastics(red and white was best) and we tipped them with the live mullet. First spot wasmt happening so I moved down a little and ryan came right behind me and got his line in before I did. He got bit and stuck the first one and strung it and then I got mine. We all limited within an hour. Smallest was about 16 and biggest which Illusion caught was 24" 5.5lb. We all used the same stringer so dont bash me for 6 fish. We left after we limited. Coulda caught more. We went back to the spot we waded earlier to see if the high winds and incoming tide brought some dirtier water in and we didn't catch anything there. On the way back we made a stop and started catching fish on every cast. We only had 30 minutes of daylight left so we only managed 5 keeper trout and 1 redfish. No pictures of those. Too dark. Tight lines!

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts