2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Get the Net!
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mr. Roy and I arrived at the North Jetty boat ramp around 6:00 am and were greeted with an approaching storm coming our way from Galveston. We waited it out until 7:30 or so when it finally started to clear up and we headed out. Water was that beautiful shade of trout green. We anchored at our designated location and immediately began catching trout. The bite was steady for some time, even as the tide stopped coming in and went stagnant. Once the tide started going out things slowed down but we grinded out our limit just before 10:30 and headed back in. Considering how this morning started we couldn't be happier with the results! The majority of the fish were between 16" and 17" with the biggest one pushing 19" and the bite was on shrimp-colored plastics worked diligently along the bottom.

Attachments

·
Get the Net!
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fresh2Salt said:
My new favorite color is shrimpy colored plastics. Particularly the Opening Night color by Salt Water Assassin.
Yeah we've always used colors like Natural Shrimp and Opening Night in clear water with great success. Also having good luck with Cayenne Gold Nortons as of late.

Thanks for the comments everyone.

·
Standing on a Whale fishing for Minnows
9,467 Posts
Sweet

Vry nice report and pics. way to show...

Greenie coming for trout green water...

·
Get the Net!
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Again, thanks for the comments all.

Just got back from Roy's and he fried up some of the fish before I left for work. Nothing like fresh trout - Yum!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts