2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received the following notice:

We are going to schedule our next blasting event for Sunday August 13, 2006 at 8am. This blast will include the bascule pit foundations on each side of the channel and also several of the southbound bridge foundations adjacent to the channel. Since this blast will be adjacent to the channel, I will put in the proper channel obstruction notices. Immediately after the blast our crews will mobilized to clean any debris out of the channel so it can be opened up as soon as possible but I think we need to at least allow for a full day of claming as well as anytime that we want to limit barge traffic the day before the blast while we are loading the explosives into the blast holes in the piers. If anyone has any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

Traylor Bros., Inc.
Darren Lueking
Project Engineer
409-935-2222 ext 1004

end quote

·
Culturalistically Challenged
458 Posts
not to hi jack..

I spent some quality time on the Causeway Last Night. It took me from 10:15 pm until 11:30 p.m to get from the beginning of the causeway (leaving Galveston) to the Hwy 146 / 6 exit due to lane closures while retopping the roadbed..they had I 45 shut down to just the shoulder lane.. I don't know how long this is going to go on but sure caught me by surprise.....

·
Redfish Extraordinaire
2,422 Posts
stelvis said:
I spent some quality time on the Causeway Last Night. It took me from 10:15 pm until 11:30 p.m to get from the beginning of the causeway (leaving Galveston) to the Hwy 146 / 6 exit due to lane closures while retopping the roadbed..they had I 45 shut down to just the shoulder lane.. I don't know how long this is going to go on but sure caught me by surprise.....
Just again on monday night, they are not working this weekend and plan to be finished with one more night of work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts