2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats the word? Forecast is 3 to 4, weird wind direction now but decent seas at 20. 60 miles is still steep, 3.6 as a swh, but relatively light winds.

I think I may run on Sat. if I can resolve my radio issues tonight and the forecast says stable this afternoon. Probably be pulling out of BYB at 6:30 a.m. or so depending on the line at the gas dock.

Whats the Plan for the rest of y'all?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Gyb

Where is BYB? I'm leaving out of Galveston(Tiki) about 5:30am tomorrow. Depending on seas, probably be out to 4 in a row and clay piles, in a 26' GB. Anyone else?

·
Imagery by RH Keeling
1,445 Posts
I'd jump on that offer in a heartbeat BP F if I didn't have a family reunion to attend. Love to ride and fish out of those GBs. Heading for Lampasas in a hour. Good luck to everyone out there this weekend and stay safe.

·
Registered
13,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bolivar Yacht Basin, 5 miles up the ICW from the ferry landing over in Bolivar.

·
Registered
13,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Don't know just yet. Make bait at H-Bank and then from there probably try to hit some rocks or wrecks in the 40 to 50 mile area. If there are a ton of boats on the water, as I suspect, I will probably head more East (94.00/28.50 area and South from there) to avoid the fleet.

·
Kamikaze
4,591 Posts
LOOKIN GOOD!!!

GMZ350-355-370-375-042130-
WATERS FROM FREEPORT TO THE MATAGORDA SHIP CHANNEL 20 NM TO 60 NM-
WATERS FROM FREEPORT TO THE MATAGORDA SHIP CHANNEL OUT 20 NM-
WATERS FROM HIGH ISLAND TO FREEPORT 20 NM TO 60 NM-
WATERS FROM HIGH ISLAND TO FREEPORT OUT 20 NM-
1030 AM CDT FRI JUN 4 2004

THIS AFTERNOON
SOUTH WINDS 5 TO 10 KNOTS. SEAS 2 TO 4 FEET. A
SLIGHT CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS.

TONIGHT THROUGH SATURDAY NIGHT
SOUTHEAST WINDS 10 TO 15 KNOTS. SEAS
2 TO 4 FEET. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS.

SUNDAY
SOUTH WINDS 15 TO 20 KNOTS. SEAS 3 TO 5 FEET. A SLIGHT
CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS.

MONDAY AND TUESDAY
SOUTH WINDS AROUND 15 KNOTS. SEAS 3 TO 5 FEET.
A CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Tentatively planning to head out of Tiki at first light. Similar plan as Ernest. Really wanting to look for some cobia and wahoo deeper. Will either be on the Blackfin or my Father in Laws cat. 16/68, answer to Diablo or Diablo II.

·
From the old school
1,406 Posts
Man I am dying here

Got shut down last weekend and now the wife has a little surgery today and will be down for two days.....worse yet the boss asked me today to tag along to take the big boat to Lousinana for a weekend trip trolling the deep water rigs...ARRRRHHHHHH !!!
Ernest.....I might be hiding in the cabin if I can get away for a day

·
Registered
13,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Weekend trip trolling in a new 38 fountain can't be that tough. Keep your mouth closed when you are near shore so you don't catch any bugs at 50+ mph.

Or do you mean that because of the wife's minor medical issue you had to pass on the deep water trip and can't fsh on your own? If so, my condolences to both of you, her for the issue and the recovery, you for having to play nurse during the first decent weekend in a month. Hang in there.

PS. Cabin is not locked. Bring bait.

·
From the old school
1,406 Posts
No the big boat is a 57ft soprt fisher.......but I got bait in the freezer at the house

·
From the old school
1,406 Posts
the fish gods are smiling on me

heading out tonight ! let you know what we do next week!...... and I am not even getten a divorce lol !

1 - 12 of 12 Posts