2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Big daddy slim
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we had to look saturday, my longtime fishing partner and i took a boatride a few miles out looking for Taropn, tripletail or whatever. Well we did find whatever, Blacktip sharks and were they in the hefty range. We boated or should i say released about 15 in the 50 to 100lb range. The water was nice not real clear but nice we were fishing bait and weed lines in about 20 to 35 foot of water. We were floating shad and mullet at different depths, sorry for no pics i left the camera in the truck, and no tarpon to report but it was a good day fishing and yes a 4 advil. will keep you posted as we will continue looking for the silver kings.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Wow....That is some solid black tips...How long were the 100# black tips? I've been fishing at piers and beachs for 4 years and I've caught one black tip around 85#-95#, and saw a 75#-85# lost at the pier. Did you weigh 'em or guess? I'm just curious because I had a guy tell me he caught a 5.5' BT that went 100#. LOL. Nice sharks anyway.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Way to go bigdaddyslim. I bet you are worn out catching all those sharks in this heat. I looked for all the tarpon fisherman while we were on our way in from offshore. BTW did you get any jumps out of the blacktips?

·
Big daddy slim
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They did put on a good show jumping did the game wardens get ya'll in the channel they were stopping and boarding everybody

·
Registered
441 Posts
no jacks ? We did about the same thing on the Bolliver side beach front about 4 miles out. Sharks all day long, 3 to 5.5 feet long black tips. Tried to get a picure of a 5.5 footer but he got to crazzy in the boat so I shoved him over. Thy were all very healthy and thick and strong.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Yes we were pulled over and boarded. they wanted to see safety equipment, registration, and fish. I am glad I didn't miscount my snapper because he looked at each one. IMHO these guys need to be boarding the commercial boats and quit wasting their time inshore.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts