2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
fishingfanatic
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fished one of my favorite rock groins along the galveston beachfront this morning. There was a lot of bait, the water was as clear as I have ever seen it, and it was flat calm. I started out by throwing chrome with blue back Ghost, A lure which is manufactured by Producer. I got a lot of blow ups, the fish were jumping over the bait and slapping at it. I got a few hookups and was able to bring them in. Most of the fish that I hooked were either hooked in the side or on top of the head. They were not really eating the bait. All of my fish were dinks, however there was a couple of anglers that showed up after I did with live shrimp and caught several specks in the 18" to 20" class. There were a couple of other anglers that were using topwater and various other lures with the same success that I was having, nothing but dink trout. Although I would rather catch one fish on topwater lures rather than catch a limit on live shrimp, I just wanted one keeper as I am completely out of fillets. Oh well ,it was still a good day fishing.

·
Registered
10,843 Posts
Seapro,
I had a tough time this morning as I didn't fish untill 9:eek:o or so. beautiful but nothing much happening.
I also fished this evening and caught a bunch of small trout maybe two keepers in the bunch, released. The Macks were thick and a lot of fun but not the trout I targeted. 51MR's did the trick. The water was choppy as the wind was up this afternoon, but still trout green. Mullet were everywhere but nothing blowing up on them.
I may trailer to E. bay in the morning if I can stand the ferry wait.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts