2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started fishing west of 61st about 6 miles down. Water was flat as a pancake. Farily green. Started my wade a 5 am. Nothing for 45 min finally caught 2 specks on top about 6. Overall very slow. I ended up with 8 trout only 3 keepers all on spook jrs. Bonus caught 5 gaftops with my spook jr. But the real bonus was a Mack or shark cutting my line. I am watching my new spook jr floating towards me when a sea gull decides he wants it. By By spook jr. Anyway surf looked great can't believe it was not better. Oh well. At least I got to go. It was my first time to catch a trout on top in the dark and I caught two which was cool. I man now on my way the Coushata to try to win some money. Good luck I hope it holds for you guys and you did better then I did.

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
I was near the pass and it was slow over all. The water is beautiful but not too clear. I didn't even get a blow up this morning. The ten or so trout I caught were all on Brown plastics, 51MR, silver spoon.

·
DOINK
10,030 Posts
Did you see all thee shrimp boats running close to the surf??... I am suprised none of them didnt get there nets tangled with each other.... The shrimp must be running close to the surf... They were only 1/4-1/2 a mile out. About 20 of them.

·
15,099 Posts
day18 said:
Started fishing west of 61st about 6 miles down. Water was flat as a pancake. Farily green. Started my wade a 5 am. Nothing for 45 min finally caught 2 specks on top about 6. Overall very slow. I ended up with 8 trout only 3 keepers all on spook jrs. Bonus caught 5 gaftops with my spook jr. But the real bonus was a Mack or shark cutting my line. I am watching my new spook jr floating towards me when a sea gull decides he wants it. By By spook jr. Anyway surf looked great can't believe it was not better. Oh well. At least I got to go. It was my first time to catch a trout on top in the dark and I caught two which was cool. I man now on my way the Coushata to try to win some money. Good luck I hope it holds for you guys and you did better then I did.
Not a bad day............."I've walked alot farther for alot less"

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
**** chaser said:
Did you see all thee shrimp boats running close to the surf??... I am suprised none of them didnt get there nets tangled with each other.... The shrimp must be running close to the surf... They were only 1/4-1/2 a mile out. About 20 of them.
Yep. It's that time of year. Yesterday the shrimp were as thick as I have ever seen them in the surf. Birds everywhere also.

·
Life is tough, tougher if you are stupid
3,507 Posts
I hope they are there tomorrow! I plan on being in the surf, ankle deep at 0 dark thirty throwing topwaters early, then 51MRs, spoons and plastics after the sun rises!
troy merrill said:
Yep. It's that time of year. Yesterday the shrimp were as thick as I have ever seen them in the surf. Birds everywhere also.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Fished in front of SeaIsle from first light until 11:00. Threw tops until 8:00 with no blow-ups. Switched to a Gulp[ and got cut off by a Mackerel. Switched again to live shrimp and caught about 20 in a row with 7 keepers. At 10:00 switched back to the topwater (SheDog/ Chrome/Green) and caught 3 more with the biggest at 20". Tide brought in some really good water around 11:00 and everything went dead. Beautiful morning and had a great time. Hope to go back tomorrow.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts