2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had another question I was wondering if anyone could answer. I have tried the search function and have been unable to come up with anything specific.

Where all is it legal to drive on the beaches in the area from the seawall to SLP? I would like to be able to set up a "day-camp" for some surf fishing without having to lug everything 500 yards.

Thanks,
Poor West-Texas Desert Dweller..........

·
Grand Master of Thread Kill
1,591 Posts
don't waste your time on the galveston side of san luis. there is only 1/2 mile or so of beach access left. go to surfside.

i won't spend a dime in galveston anymore. they are setting the precedent that will result in texans losing our beach access if people don't wake up.

·
Banned
829 Posts
flatsfats said:
don't waste your time on the galveston side of san luis. there is only 1/2 mile or so of beach access left. go to surfside.

i won't spend a dime in galveston anymore. they are setting the precedent that will result in texans losing our beach access if people don't wake up.
I agree with Flatsfats 100% we are going to loose all beach access to the Big Money and developers if we don't wake up and do something to save our beaches. I am guilty my self of not getting involved enough but that is going to change.

Scott

·
Registered
7,942 Posts
The 1/2 mile of access is not the real story. I was there today 6/29/06 and there is at least 3-4 miles of access to vehicle traffic on the Galveston side of SLP. As a side note , other than seaweed (wich they purposely leave on the beach now) the beach was as clean as I ever remember seeing it. I am a BOI and next month I'll be 46.

I'm quick to bust on Galvestons political leadership but what I read above was not true.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks stump you and the others have given me some ideas on where to take the boy to do some surf fishing, while the wife sunbathes:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts