2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard that is does have fish in it but after the last two days I'm starting to think differently. Couldn't give away a shrimp and not a nudge on plastics. Please tell me it's been slow for everyone so I don't sell my boat and take up needle point.

·
DOINK
10,027 Posts
hmmm. my fish have been coming a little shallower while wading. been fishing e bay and west. finding the active bait has been the trick. and the best bite for me has been early or late in the day.

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah we stayed in the boat but covered a lot of water anywhere from 2 to 6 feet. Have some learning to do around here. Thanks for the heads up

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
We fished the oyster reefs off April Fool's point yesterday afternoon and it was slow. Caught a few sand trout and a baby flounder.

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah I figured we were in a high pressure pattern. That sounds good high pressure is at fault not lack of skill and local knowledge. :) oh well got to run the boat and get more familiar with some spots on the bay.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Todds dump,mosquito island,dollar reef, Moses lake flats etc
We fished Wed in the same areas that you fished. Caught over 20, BUT, not until the outgoing tides started to move water. We fished in deeper water. 15-23'.

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I know seabrook flats and clear lake are good right now too
Yeah friend said he saw two guides fishing Nassau bay yesterday afternoon but no one was catching anything. I was wondering about Seabrook flats but with the piling removal just taking place we decided against it.

·
Registered
97 Posts
On the bay side of the Seabrook/Kemah flats or. The actual flats? I am getting geared up to do some fishing this weekend and I live on Toddville, be nice if I don't have to travel far. I am boatless though so that's another issue.

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
We fished Wed in the same areas that you fished. Caught over 20, BUT, not until the outgoing tides started to move water. We fished in deeper water. 15-23'.
New to Gbay but only thing I can think of that deep in that area would be the ship channel?

·
Gods blessings surround us.
12,724 Posts
Good post Kenner Im always reluctant to post this thinking it would start a frenzy of fishing pictures from the day we get skunked.Im thinking of going in the am Today spent 6 hours changing trailer lights and working on trailer hubs, have fresh tune up too Im like that horse in the gate.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Deeper water

You said you were fishing deeper water, 15-23'.... Does that mean you were fishing the channel....? I'm not familiar with the area, & we are wanting to learn where to fish. Been looking at Hot Spot maps, & reading the blogs. Thanks!

·
shake and bake
7,801 Posts
Tuesday was good in east bay.

Today was slow however. There were a lot of boats. First reef drifted and hooked a little chip. Tossed back and couldnt get anymore bites though mullet were flipping about. Tried penty of different hard and soft baits but no takers. After 4-5 drifts took off for shallower water. Found some trout. Two to be exact haha! :D sun was going down and i was getting tired so headed back to the ramp. Seemed like there was gonna be a bite at or after dark.

·
No fish in West Bay
5,634 Posts
West G bay has been super slow all week. Very tough grind to get fish.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts