2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
29.42" Hg
Joined
·
5,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone has ever wanted to catch a Tripletail in Galveston Bay..Conditions to catch them could not be any better...

We found this 9lb. one sunning iteslf on a survey marker.

I saw it while we were on our way to a wadefish spot to cool down .and we rigged up, and Pat got the fish to bite...We rode around after this one, and saw 3 more, but they were not interested in eating..

Note the maker in the background we caught it off of.

It would be especially exciting to fish for these on Fly Gear..
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,186 Posts
You don't hear about too many triple tails caught in Galveston. Matagorda yes, but not Galveston. That is one of my all time favorite fish. Probably one of the best table fare anywhere! What a neat catch! Congratulations! Now, exactly which survey marker was he at?? :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
664 Posts
Excellent. What did you rig up with to get the bite, if you dont mind me asking. Nice pics.
 

·
29.42" Hg
Joined
·
5,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
GSMAN said:
You don't hear about too many triple tails caught in Galveston. Matagorda yes, but not Galveston. That is one of my all time favorite fish. Probably one of the best table fare anywhere! What a neat catch! Congratulations! Now, exactly which survey marker was he at?? :)
It's in the background of the second picture..a bamboo stake with a water bottle float attatched..
 

·
Back in da Saddle
Joined
·
10,159 Posts
We found one last weekend with its head stcuk in a bucket about 3-4 miles offshore ...Iplayed with it got it to hit a half of a Speck rig but could not hookup... was fun playing with it ... ended up seeing that bucket again Friday....lol... did not stop to see if it was home...lol...

Great report...

John
 

·
I just love rod threads! No Spam baby
Joined
·
3,776 Posts
target them

They are definitely in galv. bay.
Run the bouy's and you'll see them and ling.

Live shrimp really works.
Strawberry tails work too.
 

·
29.42" Hg
Joined
·
5,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Fishin-Inc said:
They are definitely in galv. bay.
Run the bouy's and you'll see them and ling.

Live shrimp really works.
Strawberry tails work too.
Inc. is correct..

If you will target them, then you will find a few.

All you do is ride up to a structure or bouy, and look for them..they will be floating sideways on the shade side of the structure..Also it seems they are in water 8' or deeper..

Even if you scare them off...just put the bait close to the structure you saw them....

The cork will sink very slowly...as soon as you hook one...back your boat off as fast as possible..if the person catching is on the bow of the boat..it's best to "hit your knees", so you will not be thrown out of the boat...Hold on tight..these fish put up a good fight..

JB
 

·
http://www.profishingresearch.co m
Joined
·
2,953 Posts
Great Report! Good to see you targeting tripletails and getting it done!

Biggie:biggrin:
 

·
Texas Lady Angler
Joined
·
2,410 Posts
Jeff, I thought we were suppose to be fishing for trout yesterday. LOL

Looks like Pat has the Triple Tail bug. We certainly had a few shrimp yesterday that we could have used on them. Some of our shrimp must have been 6-7" long. Put out one of those big shrimp at the causeway expecting to maybe get a big fish and a little speck about 13" came along and slurped it up -- must have really been hungry.

Congratulations.
 

·
29.42" Hg
Joined
·
5,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
FlatoutFishin said:
Nice catch there Jeff and Pat. Next time ya'll go, give me a shout. I'm feeling the need to try this out...catching and eating that is.

Monte
You got it Monte...

We have to go to Rockport next weekend..but, after that...let's get a few trips out there..hopefully snag a Ling or two while we are @ it..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
congrats Pat! good looking boat! Jeff, going to see if the wife will give me a hall pass on Fathers day...if so you in?
 

·
29.42" Hg
Joined
·
5,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
truett said:
congrats Pat! good looking boat! Jeff, going to see if the wife will give me a hall pass on Fathers day...if so you in?
If I am not in Rockport...You bet....I will call you by wednesday, and let you know..
 

·
Right wing nut job, Bitter clinger to 2C
Joined
·
14,922 Posts
Hall Pass

Hey Jab You Gotta Put Me On Wanna Those Tt's. I Have Had Tt On The Brain For Weeks Now. My Scedule Is Free After The Speck Tack Tourn. And I Wanna Go. Got Fly Rod Greased And Ready. Lookin Forward To Gettin A Ride On The New Boat. I Am Really Surprized That You Have Specialized Them So Well That You Have Found Them In Galv. , And It Seems That You Are Doing It Often Now. I Think Its That Woman Of Yours Pushing You. Let Me Know After Next Weekend. Way To Go Jeff. Randall
 

·
29.42" Hg
Joined
·
5,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
GULFCOASTRODS.NET said:
Hey Jab You Gotta Put Me On Wanna Those Tt's. I Have Had Tt On The Brain For Weeks Now. My Scedule Is Free After The Speck Tack Tourn. And I Wanna Go. Got Fly Rod Greased And Ready. Lookin Forward To Gettin A Ride On The New Boat. I Am Really Surprized That You Have Specialized Them So Well That You Have Found Them In Galv. , And It Seems That You Are Doing It Often Now. I Think Its That Woman Of Yours Pushing You. Let Me Know After Next Weekend. Way To Go Jeff. Randall
It's on after next weekend...call me monday of next week to get a game plan together..

Hopefully we will have a few more weeks of wind less than 10mph..
 

·
Right wing nut job, Bitter clinger to 2C
Joined
·
14,922 Posts
Done

jabx1962 said:
It's on after next weekend...call me monday of next week to get a game plan together..

Hopefully we will have a few more weeks of wind less than 10mph..
LETS HOPE SO . THEN IT IS ON. I HAVE HAD A GOOD DAY. FEELIN RIGHT. AND A LITTLE TIRED. BUT GOOD DAY. LIFE IS GOOD AS A FISHERMAN. WE NEED MORE SMALL ONES. FISHERKIDS THAT IS. LETS WORK ON THAT. RANDALL
 

·
Right wing nut job, Bitter clinger to 2C
Joined
·
14,922 Posts
Kids Play

Well Jeff That Proves Anybody Can Do It. Did You See The 9 Year Olds 20+ Tt. Wow.
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top