2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Texas Aggie Fisherman
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished with Capt. David Dillman (capt. david on here) 6-25-06. Between our group of 4, we boxed 35 trout to 24", with most of them 18"-22". The group consisted of me, my dad, my cousin & his fiance. It was the best trout haul my cousin has ever been a part of and it was his fiance's first time ever to trout fish. She is hooked now! It was definitely a blast out on the water.....

Attachments

·
Banned
2,070 Posts
Great catch. Hey, your soon to be wife will have your off days planned now..

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
I don't need to be checking the reports right now seeing as how I'm in AZ. Only been here for 2 days and already missin Texas.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
What Bay? What was the bait of choice? Great catch! I just want to do the same thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
nice report but can we learn something out of this report , did you fish east bay or west bay , did you drift or used live bait , did you fish deep or shallow , what time of the day you caught the fish am , pm, all day ... thank you for the info ...

·
Registered
237 Posts
It's great to get the wives hooked that way they understand why we just don't go to HEB and buy fish. My wife loves fishing unfortunatly she has not been in a couple of years. We have a one year old and he's been keeping us busy.

·
Thank You! Next
7,757 Posts
Very Nice trip,

Good job, the fiance probably said, darn this trout fishin' sure is easy lol. She is hooked now , way to go. Thats what every guy who is getting married should do !!!!! lol.

·
Banned
756 Posts
Lpescador, drop him off here in Texas City while you go Ill sit with him'
He can play with the kids 2 & 4

My wife loves fishing unfortunatly she has not been in a couple of years. We have a one year old and he's been keeping us busy

·
Texas Aggie Fisherman
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
RedXCross said:
Very Nice trip,

Good job, the fiance probably said, darn this trout fishin' sure is easy lol. She is hooked now , way to go. Thats what every guy who is getting married should do !!!!! lol.
I made sure to tell my cousin's fiance that every trout fishing trip isn't like that one, lol. I think she'll definitely go again....

boashna said:
nice report but can we learn something out of this report , did you fish east bay or west bay , did you drift or used live bait , did you fish deep or shallow , what time of the day you caught the fish am , pm, all day ... thank you for the info ...
Fish were caught on croakers in the mouth, haha.

Left the dock at 6am and anchored on shell in about 4' of water in upper Galveston Bay. Moved around a few times and came in at about 12:15pm. Wind was north at about 12-14mph to start out with and slacked to about 8-10mph. Tide was coming in pretty good all morning and ended up trickling out towards noon time. It was tough to feel the bite at times with the tide going one way and the wind the other.

Everyone enjoyed just keeping 5+5+5+5+5+5+5 too :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts