2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Left out of Galveston on saturday with my son (11) and two customers from work. Normaly with customers I leave my son at home, but this time I told him he could come if he was the deck hand. Left out at 6:15, wanted to run early but had one that was running late. Ran out about 45-50 miles hit a rig after about 30 miles and caught a few snapper and kings. Ran on out to our destination and caught limits of snapper and kings. The best part of the trip was watching my son, he made sure that the customers were very well taken care of, making sure they had bait at the ready, taking all of their fish off for them and putting them in the box, getting drinks the hole nine yards. Needless to say they were very impressed with the way he handle him self. The funny part of it was even after taking care of their every need he still out fished all of us. After running in at 40 mph (the seas were so calm that every one fell asleep in a center console non the less) we got the fish cleaned the boat cleaned up and they gave my son a very generous tip. He was in hog heaven and wanted to know when we were going again. He slept for 16 hours after the trip. I am one proud dad today :D :D .

·
Site Sponsor
250 Posts
Way to go Dad.
50 years ago I was the deckhand for my dad out of Port A.

As the "Good Book" says, "train up a child in the way he should go ...". This apple didn't fall to far from the tree, and looking at my sons they didn't either.

A lot worse things for a boy to learn from his Dad.

Happy Fathers day.

Mike

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Sounds like a good trip, Dale. Glad you put them on some fish. Bet your son was in hog heaven, out fish everybody and then get a tip back at the dock to boot.

·
Anything not prohibited is compulsory!
1,635 Posts
Can't wait until I can make a deck hand out of my son. I've got some years to go but the plans have already been laid. Great job!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts