2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been off the air for a day or two,did the the Mesquite Burl turning every get finished>

dick

·
Premium Member
40,476 Posts
Yes, show us the pics

PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS

·
OllllO
8,874 Posts
galvbay said:
It still needs several more coats of wax and a lot of buffing, but this will give you an idea of the finished piece. I think this will be the last BIG project for the summer! lol! gb
That sure would look nice here in my office :D

·
OllllO
8,874 Posts
speckle-catcher said:
you've got a few days left with your lathe - get busy :D
LOL That is funny! I done put that lathe out in the pump house...I wished you would hurry up and come get it :)

I wished Tortuga would decide to buy that Jet Bandsaw....THEN I would have some room again for whatever toy I decide to get next :D

·
El Viejo
23,417 Posts
trodery said:
I wished Tortuga would decide to buy that Jet Bandsaw....THEN I would have some room again for whatever toy I decide to get next :D
LOL..Sorry, TROD...picked up a new small table saw and got my scroll saw working so my needs are complete... Hope you get another 'bite' on it..Bet it's just like new...LOL....:wink:

And, for you, GB...put that vase up here for our own little 'mini' auction instead of adding it to your 'museum'... It would be for a good cause....My, and Trod's GREED !! Bet we could whup up a little action on 'er....What say Ye..??????:tongue:

·
Registered
4,282 Posts
That is one great looking piece. It is hard to imagine turing something like that compared to my little stuff. Thas is really, really fantastic. Can't believe you have been holding out on showing the pics. We have all ben anxious to see the results. Thanks,

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
"...did you give it a name?"

Yes.... I named it 'Never Again'. lol!

I bet there was 40 lbs of chips, bark and sawdust that came off that thing. It still weighs 10lbs or more! My next project will be going after Bobby's little goblets. I think I can make one smaller (read: challenge to everyone!). Thanks for the compliments!
gb

Tortuga....thanks for the bid on the Wooten Auction turning. Very nice of you!

·
El Viejo
23,417 Posts
galvbay said:

I bet there was 40 lbs of chips, bark and sawdust that came off that thing. It still weighs 10lbs or more! My next project will be going after Bobby's little goblets. I think I can make one smaller (read: challenge to everyone!). Thanks for the compliments!
gb

Tortuga....thanks for the bid on the Wooten Auction turning. Very nice of you![/QUOTE]

Thanks...he11 !!!! I WANT that piece..LOL...Think I'm gonna take your lead and stay small...back to the slimlines...just screwed up a BIG beautiful pen that I paid $25 bucks for the kit...Dammmmm !!! Oughta know to stay in my own class...:headknock

·
El Viejo
23,417 Posts
speckle-catcher said:
did you screw up the kit...or just the pen blank?
LOL..you know me, Spec...nuthin' half way...I skrewed up the first and second blanks but just blasted on into it.. Cut back the bodies of the pens a little bit so they might look a little better...BAAADD Idea...then tried to jam the whole thing together...Really don't look too bad just so long as you don't TOUCH it..LOL. It is now a very short big fat pen with a slide on cap in place of the threads for the cap which I skifully snipped off while I was snipping off a little of the ink cartridge so it would fit in the newer improved pen... another Bad idea.I ain't been that frustrated in may moons..:hairout:

What was it Clint Eastwood said ???..."A man's gotta know his limitations.":D

Below is the 'evidence'...LOL

Attachments

·
OllllO
8,874 Posts
Tortuga said:
galvbay said:

gb

Tortuga....thanks for the bid on the Wooten Auction turning. Very nice of you![/QUOTE]

Thanks...he11 !!!! I WANT that piece..LOL...Think I'm gonna take your lead and stay small...back to the slimlines...just screwed up a BIG beautiful pen that I paid $25 bucks for the kit...Dammmmm !!! Oughta know to stay in my own class...:headknock
Tortuga, You better go bid I got the lead :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts