2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
I just spent five days at the condos between San Louis Pass and Surf Side. There were good numbers of dink trout and some keepers in the surf every morning. I fished plastics with limited success. The shrimp guys had hook ups on most casts. Mostly dinks with limits or near limits. Had good luck with a green assassin with a fire tail.

The long rods found no reds or sharks form the beach after several efforts. There was good bait and visibility.
Good luck, Gary

·
Registered
10,843 Posts
Troy,
I've been catching a few 18"-20" trout on the evening incoming tide in front of here on 51MR black/silver and Texas Chicken.
It's flat and trout green from the afternoon East wind. It's almost calm now @8:30 with a very light NE wind.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Friday's surf 3-4

Howdy,cooler day surf on w/cloud cover and a little thunder.Water flat and weeds not a problem.Top-water action early no trophys.Woodman snagged a 44'' Red.CPRed(caught/photographed/released)Good Luck on the water!

Attachments

·
Registered
652 Posts
Fished yesterday morning and evening. Caught 5 all but one caught on topwater. (Black Top Dog with chartreus head). Lost several more. Also cought a few blue fish. The sharks were definately out. I saw several to 4 foot or so nothing real big but I didnt have a stringer and was happy for that. Also one thing that spooked me was that I saw a dorsal fin rise behind my Top Dog and follow it for a few feet. It kind of weirded me out that I was drawing the shark closer to me.

·
Chillin'
4,570 Posts
That's one nice red, finseeker ... dang, where were those last weekend? :( Well, that's what keeps ya going back. Thanks for the pics!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts