2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished this morning with Michelle (reel love).. Left BV at 5:30 and headed for Campbells/VP for an early morning topwater bite.. I had two nice trout on top on the first dozen or so casts.. After that, the topwater bite just shut down in the area we were in...

With about 5 boats fishing the area, we decided not to disturb them so we headed for sand isle... On the way, we found many flocks of birds working agressively so we stopped to play...

Ended up catching more dinks than we could count... They were VERY agressive and had a few good ones mixed in thta would pop the surface.. I think we could have caught many more keepers if we could have gotten our baits down to them.. The dinks werre all over our lures as soon as they hit the water.

We played with various flocks of birds for about 1.5 hours just having a ball...

We hit confederate on the way back in and caught a few more trout and two reds...

We did NOT fish anywhere redfish are known to hang out, Just to avoid the boat traffic from the tournament lol

At 7:45 am, we watch the line of boats coming around the dike and headed for west bay lol... I would say about 50% of the redfish series anglers headed for west bay.

Thomas

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OOPS... Topwater was various colors and working the birds was Doa's and paddletails in assorted colors

If anyones going out tomorrow and taking kids, Look for birds between sand island and virginia point.. Kids will have a ton of fun catching so many fish

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Make sure tomorrow when ya'll head out or come back in from the jetties to look for birds working between the concrete ship and the end of the Tx City dike.. There has been alot of birds working that area on the incoming tide the last few weeks

·
Registered
55 Posts
thanks for the info.takin a friend out tom. and was undecided on where to go.been a while since ive been out.cambells was first thought.confirmed now.shh dont tell anyone else

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
thanks for the great time thomas, and the mosca ROCKS. i checked for birds working where we found them saturday, but no birds today.
michelle

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Thomas, It was good to meet you and hang out some! Next time you make it down to Port A area you need to let me know so I can return the favor! Oh yeah, you need to update that picture cause you dont look anything like that without all that hair dude! LOL!

·
These Cats Are Potlickers
1,261 Posts
Thomas,

I was standing on one of my favorite reefs getting blowups for a couple hours as about four of those T boats came storming down the intercoastal towards Bastrop. I thought they were quite a ways from the weigh in. I just held the rod tip down as they went by.

Biggie

·
Banned
607 Posts
Dani California said:
Thomas,

I was standing on one of my favorite reefs getting blowups for a couple hours as about four of those T boats came storming down the intercoastal towards Bastrop. I thought they were quite a ways from the weigh in. I just held the rod tip down as they went by.

Biggie
Must have been a tough day moving huh?lol,,,what a lame excuse,,,

Nice Report by the way Texxan1!:cool:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts