2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
The Duck of Death
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lets hear some funny fishing story's I know you all got one
I got a million story's I could tell about my main fishing buddy Kerry.
But I'lll start with this one

We were over in east bay . It was early in the morning ,when we pulled up to a shore line. got out and started wading . Now me and my buddy we dont always stick around the boat . We can sometimes wade way away from the boat for hours. So we'd been wading for 30-45 minutes not getting anything.
He's 200 or so yards away from me when he sticks one. I see him bring it in and then he starts waving me over. His back is too me but I see him cast again and sticks another one. So now I full bore headed over there he brings that one in , cast out and sticks another
I finally get 20 yards or so and he turns around with a big $^%T eating grin and 4 big trout stuffed down in his waders - Just there tail's are sticking out . Then he ask me if he can put his fish on my stringer.

Dave

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
this wasn't funny at the time...

but we took a buddy who wanted to get into fishing the salt more and hopped out of the boat to wade the army hole area. the other three of us head off pretty quickly but our newbie hangs within 100-200 yards of the boat chasing tailing reds(big mullet). he is also carrying my phone and two others because his wife is 8 1/2 months pregnant. well i'm about... along way down but the closest to him when he starts screaming for help and waving his arms while up on a bank. i'm thinking sting ray? baby on the way? winds at my back so he can hear me but all i hear is noise. wade my arse off in knee deep muck, thinking he needs help and as i get close enough, i see a big 'ol grin on his face and he reels in a nice 26" red and says, "now what?" i was too tired to give him a toungue whippin, and just showed him how to string it. he later caught a saddle blanket flounder. all while casting plastics to running mullet he thought were reds...

·
From the old school
1,406 Posts
Well four of us were on a extended 4 day trip out on the boat. We were on the 3rd day and needless to say we are smelling and feeling pertty ripe. Out in the middle of no where we stop and get butt naked and start to wash off. Out of no where this freaken chopper drops down on us and does a couple of circles around us... I can still see the guys laughing their arss off cuz you see.
They were looking at four guys all latherd up on a boat 100+ mi offshore butt naked.
It took us a minute for it to soak in what they saw then we had a good laugh at out selves. There is prob. a picture of us hanging on some poor guys wall in his office!

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
one more

anyone ever stay in port isabel at the motel that is right on the water and the main road? well they have an outside eating area overlooking their wet boat splips for motel customers. well we've been out killing the fish all day on tops and plastics. then it tkaes about an hour to make the run back down the laguna. i have a raised ctr console and as we're pulling up to our slip, my friend hops off the seat and steps over to grab a rope, forgetting that we're on the raised console. well since his foot drops 12 inches further than he thought it would, his momentum, carries him over in a full flip and out of the boat. all this just outside the restaurant slips. he just about walked on water to get back in the boat and as he stands up, a few of the patrons at dinner stand up and proceed to give him a standing ovation. he was well known around the motel for the next couple of days...

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Funny--to me..

A buddy of mine and I went to POC in the late 60's. I pulled up to the big sand bar out in front of Bayoucas Isle. (N. side) and stepped out in ankle deep water. I had waded off about 30 yds while he was messing with his tackle, and then he stepped off----on the other side of the boat. I heard a "Yelp" and saw about 1 ' of his rod sticking out of the water, and his hat floating on the surface. It was about this time of year, and while the water wasn't COLD, it was pretty COOL! He was an old Marine Corp buddy of mine, and proceeded to tell me all the words he had learned in Marine Corp Boot Camp Vocabulary Training. Had to share my cigs with him for the rest of the day, plus listen to him degrade me for not being a compentet guide and instructing him on which side of the boat to dismbark from!! LOL The water was very clear, and I assumed......

Later'
R3F

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Mary was a PLAYER

Back in my younger years I had this girlfriend--I called her Crazy Mary. I had to pull her off the bar one night at Steak and Ale while she was going after the female bartended that had "irratated her". She was on top of the bar with fire in her eyes, reaching for poor ole Melba! LOL She was my running buddy for a couple of years, and could sail my sailboat nearly as well as I. Good for primitive camping, fishing, hunting and running the clubs.

We were fishing at Pass Cavallo, POC in the 80's. Anchored right at the beach on east side and catching trout about every other cast...ummm she was topless (still have a few pics of her landing a trout in that condition) . A Bright yellow heliocoper that made the regular runs offshore to the oil wells offshore came by, and did a Ueeey and hovered about 100 yds away. We proceeded to cut the fishing short, and got in the boat and, ahhhh...entertained them. They must have enjoyed it, because as they left, they blasted three honks on a portable air horn!! May not be exactly a joke, may get condemed to the "dungeon" but was a fun experience anyway!! I probably wouln't have told it, but the heliocopter story above reminded me of it! LOL

Later
R3F

1 - 6 of 6 Posts