2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had some good friends who are off from school and decided to go out and set a diver string on a point in a bay south of town. The treck was made way easier by a sled i picked up at yes unfortunately bass pro the yuppie store. That's neither here nor there we were wading to a point I had in mind from previous years and some guy were set up, no problem go the opposite way couple hundred yards to the next point. Blamo! get there and it is great nice shell hump high and dry to sit slash lean on. Chunk about 4-5 dozen and settle in. We were layed out with fast grass just pulled up like a blanket. Look at my watch legal shooting time right about the time my buddy announces the two ducks flaring off from the other guy sitting up. So we have a talk about duck etiquette and the fact that Im the only one calling shots. Two minutes later hard coming on the deck BUFFLEHEAD! I wack him and he dives. Im off! he dives again and i really want this bird so i follow him two more dives and another shot before he gets dangerous deep and flys about 100 yds into the bay. about 30 minutes passes when i turn around to see about 60-70 working behind us they came way out front so what the hell im gonna try and bark at em. 6 turn... whoa $#it they are all coming with 25 cupped and gear down the rest circling for a second drop. bam bam me and one buddy drop two. we just sat there and shook in amazement. "the bark works it really freaking works"lol i had heard of people barking diver but never tried. Hour goes by and anothe speed demon come hauling down the pipe bark bark and she cups, dead goldeneye. shortly there after the wind kicked up and the dekes were taking a beatin'. All in all good memory made with buddies surving the elements for three nasty divers!

Attachments

·
Banned
436 Posts
the sled is a lifesaver for a working mans duck hunt.. the fire department even used mine to float a lady out during a flood this year... I made em swear up and down they would bring it back..

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
Awesome. Every hunt is different. The ones we limit out on are not the ones we always remember most. I like the tough hunts to. Congrats on gettin after them divers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts