2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where can I buy a fuel bladder for gasoline to extend the range of my boat.Would rather buy local where I can actually see what I'm getting but will go on-line if needed.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
glen
they was one listed on the buy and sell board on the hull truth. it was a 100 gallon bladder and the price was about a 150 under list price and it was new. i was going to buy it but didn't know if it would fit in the back of my boat with the cooler in place.....rick

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Snagged got it. I can vouch for their construction, top notch. I have a 200 gallon model. One year old no problems.-T

·
Registered
13,287 Posts
I have a 100 gallon model from the folks referenced above you can look at/measure if you wish. Galveston area.

·
Worldangler
1,385 Posts
Hey Glenn!!

Congrats on your SKA payout!

I was wondering what 100 gal of gas weighs? What would the extra weight and distribution to your handling?

BTW, I'm thinking of heading out next weekend....got any plans?

-john

·
Live Like No One Else.
5,391 Posts
Well water weights about 8lb a gal. And gas floats on water so it is a little lighter than water so for 100 gal it should be a little less than 800lbs. And I know the boat will handle diffent.

·
Registered
187 Posts
michaelbaranowski said:
Well water weights about 8lb a gal. And gas floats on water so it is a little lighter than water so for 100 gal it should be a little less than 800lbs. And I know the boat will handle diffent.
Not to geek out or anything, but I think the weight of fuel is closer to 6.25 #/gal which would make your total about 625#. Handling characteristics will be very dependant upon where you strap that bad boy down in relation to the center of gravity. Hope this helps.

Junior

Semper Fi
:flag:

No guts, no glory. If you are going to shoot him down, you have to get in there and mix it up with him.
â€" General Frederick C. 'Boots' Blesse, USAF

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Guys

I'll try to find the dealer in galvez.All I really need is about 50 more gallons for what I want to do.If the 100 is the smallest I'll just put what I need in it and use it first then stick it in a fish box.I dont think the extra weight will be a problem,actually in a Contender the added weight up front usually helps keep the bow down and allows you to really run in choppy seas as long as you dont stick the bow in a wave which I have done a few times.

John as far as I know I am open for fishing next weekend but I need to check my kids soccer schedule first.I'll give you a call in a couple of days.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I've been considering one of these as well. I heard this week (second hand, so take it for what it's worth) of a boat that had one of these bladders burst and it filled the cockpit full of fuel. That could have been catastrophic.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Looks like it was diesel, not gasoline, so it would be a lot harder to ignite. Apparently it made quite a mess though.

·
From the old school
1,406 Posts
I have used one a few times

When we go to mexico we have one that fits in the cockpit and it is set up with quick disconnects kinda like a air compressor hose and it works great. As the fuel is used it sucks down to nothing and when it is empty we roll it up and put it away
Just my exp with them they are tuff and I don't see how you could punchure one while crusing to the fishing grounds. Now I would not want to be fishing with one in the cockpit with all the hooks gaffs and knives that are out. I bet those guys poked a hole in it while fishing or bringing a fish on board
joker

1 - 14 of 14 Posts