2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I was going stir crazy. Needed to get ourt and shoot and ran across the Texas Outlaw Fuel Altereds web site and decided to make the 100+ mile jaunt to Evadale. Folks there were very friendly, but shooting these thing coming at you (as opposed to the stands) is a whole new ballgame for me. Got home at 1:45 Sunday morning.

Good shoot for knocking the rust off. Hope you enjoy...

·
Registered Somewhere
5,635 Posts
Looking good Rusty. But more important is the fact that you were out shooting instead of at the job. Sure hope things have lightened up a bit.

·
Charter Member
5,938 Posts
I like #1 also, but the others are just as good or better, especially since they all have the buterflies wide open! Woo Hoo! Petal to the metal! :)

Trackside, huh? I'm jealous. With each trip to the landfill Saturday, I was thinking about you at the races having fun while I was competing with the big trash haulin trucks for a turn at the dumpsite. :( I sure wish I could have made the trip with you. Maybe next time.

Mike

·
1,188 Posts
Those are fantastic shots. I cant wait till the races come back to Baytown so I can shoot a few hundred shots.

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thanks all. Met three other guys that shoot here locally - we all had a mutual respect for each others stuff not unlike here. Everyone was unhappy with their flash shots. I tried off camera slaving in commander and su-4 modes and the only way I was going to make that work was to have some type of radio trigger due to the angles.

·
Charter Member
5,938 Posts
Rusty, I've got a set of Elinchrom Skyports you can borrow. One transmitter and two receivers. That would fix you up with remote flash(es).

The pics look great.
Mike

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
fishingnotcatching said:
Very nice,, Are there handheld? The pan effect is very good, so I'm curious as to what tripod head you use. If they're handheld, you're the man!!!!
They are all handheld...please let my wife know who the man is. :rotfl:

I did some shots w/o the flash as the cars staged, but they don't have the action component of these (read dull). For those one second exposures I had to use the pod obviously.

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
fishphoto said:
What kind of angles are you having problems with? Is it a line-of-sight issue?
I tried to place the flash on the barrier wall to get the cars coming off the line. I was about 80 ft downtrack to get more of a headon angle. In order for the flash to fire I had to rotate it clockwise (from the top) so the sensor was better exposed to the signal. That created some weird side lighting.

Here's one more...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts