2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Tabula Rasa
11,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the Bluewater Board. Heading out from Austin with Dad next Tuesday to meet my brother in Ft Lauderdale. My brother lived there for about 10 years and moved to Chicago last year (what a change, uh) so he has some connections. We're staying at his friends house right on the intercoastal across from the Ft Lauderdale Yacht Club. (What a drag) We'll have access to his 23 ft Pursuit to go off shore and hopefully catch some nice Dolphin. We're fishing Wed-Friday. His buddy is suppose to take us to Bimini on Thursday for a trip. Should be a great boat ride over there (seas permitting) I hope to post some great pic's in 2 weeks of our catch. Anyone on this board been to the area in a while? Take care.

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
What kind of info are you looking for? I have a friend on a 70' viking that just left lauderdale a little over 2 weeks ago.

·
Tabula Rasa
11,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Argo, Just seeing how the fishing has been. Nothing really specific. Maybe what type of bait has been producing. Last year we did pretty good on goggle eye and pilchard under a baloon. (Are there goggle-eye here in the Gulf?) Just curious. We did pretty good drifting in about 275 ft of water. I think this is a good month for Dolphin. Do you know how your friend did? Thanks.

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
I will call him and find out. They are mainly out for big game. Trolling all day long, blah blah blah. But will ask if he did any trips on his 26' dingy for dolphin or anything else.

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
I just talked to him and he said he fished only 2 days and they had little to no luck on anything worth while so they just hung out the rest of the time before taking the boat down to key west for the next few weeks to follow and now they are now back in bradenton.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.