2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Kid I know (35 year old former student) is running a 19 footer with a 115 Yamaha four stroke and loves it. Not a serious flats boat, but good solid bay boat. He said it eats up the chop. He uses it to run supplies down to a cabin below Baffin and to fish the wells in Corpus bay. Finish on the boat is excellent. Carolina Bow flares make it very dry riding.

·
Registered
33 Posts
This is from one of my posts on RodnReel earlier:

Of course as the designated Frontier flag carrier I have to chime in. I have had my 210/200HPDI since April and absolutely love it. I have fished in it from Cocodrie to the East Pearl and it has been super.
Last week I pulled a 17ft Kenner out of the mud when he was bottomed out (jackplate is a wonderful thing). I was in 14" of water and still floating. And that is with full load of gear, Me and the wife (we are about 460lbs total ourselves) both dogs and full livewells. We were also doing better than 50 down the MRGO as well.

There are fancier and better equiped boats out there, but I don't think you'll find a roomier 21-22ft shallow draft boat and I love the simplicity of the layout. I also prefer the single hull with top cap over the RG or liner boats.

My favorite things about the layout are:
1. Top Cap - looks like a liner boat but cleans up like a RG.
2. Front Deck - it's huge since the bow flares rather than tapers so there is just alot more room than typical.
3. Room behind leaning post - too many boats put the leaning post too close to the back deck and make the space nearly unusable.
4. WIDE gunwales - I can walk the gunwale from front to back if I want. It is perfectly stable even with my 300 on the rail.

Minor complaints:
1. Wish I had a step up to the front deck al la the 2200, Blackjack, BB 2200Pro, etc. I plan on making one and making it removable. Or I may look into an Ice chest I saw online that is only 12" tall but like 42" wide and mount it there.
2. It does like to porpoise a bit at certain speeds - a little tab or JP action and it's gone. The builder told me it is because the pocket at the back of the hull needs the motor be a little lower than normal at speed.

Hope this helps.

·
2011 Haynie LS 2011 300xs
1,544 Posts
I have a Blackjack that is built by the same company, all I can tell you is that they will stand behind there product and get you set up right the first time.!!!!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Ice Chest ?

"Or I may look into an Ice chest I saw online that is only 12" tall but like 42" wide and mount it there. "

I know it's off topic but has anyone seen where you can get a 12" high ice chest ? That would be ideal for under my back deck. Thanks !

·
Registered
33 Posts
Levi said:
I have a Blackjack that is built by the same company, all I can tell you is that they will stand behind there product and get you set up right the first time.!!!!
I will also say that if you have any questions that you need answered you can call K2 and get Bill Kenner on the line and he will go over anything you need. Very nice fellow.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I can't say much about the 210, but I have the 190 with a Yamaha F115. This boat has been great for me. Easy to tow, gets great fuel economy, and easy to fish out of. There is lots of storage and two live wells. I have a wireless motorguide on front. And I have not had any issues with the quality. It is a solid boat from an old time manufacutrer. I would recommend you check them out.

Jim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts